INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Altair 269c

• Thank you received: 0

Altair 269c was created by Luke

I'm having issues with exposure time out 269c on my raspberry 4 running astroberry with indi v1.9.1. 

I can not get it to work at all no matter what I try. I read the nightly builds may solve it but there are unavailable for the raspberry pi as far as I can see. I did grab the latest 3d party drivers and compiled the Toupbase drivers on the pi(used by Altair cameras) and this did work once but after that it's back to same old issue.

Any help or advice would be amazing as I'm stuck now.

2 years 7 months ago #74821

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Luke on topic Altair 269c

I have updated to v1.9.2 and I am still having the same issue.

can anyone recommend a solution please?

I have attached logs

File Attachment:

File Name: indi_altair_ccd.txt
File Size:8 KB
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Luke.
2 years 5 months ago #76685
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Robert on topic Altair 269c

hi.
 was just about to start my own post but was waiting till i had my log files. but i have been having the same problem but my camera is the altair 183c protec.
i thought it was a hardware problem since i bought the 183 second hand and have been having this problem since using stellarmate (from v 1.5.8). but through all the updates and various hardware changes including cables and usb hubs, has remained the same. yet works first time,everytime using altair capture.
its like the camera or driver needs to warm up! so to speak. capture timed out, restarting exposure...plate solving does the same also focuser.  sometimes can take 10 mins to get working .sometimes over an hour. i restart the camera driver and maybe it will take 1 exposure.but then i will try to plate solve then it will time out again. restart the driver again and maybe it will work ,maybe not. but once it starts woking it works fine.
one final note. since stellarmate v1.6.0 the camera resolution defaults to lowest resolution.  i keep changing and saving in the options tab but wont save settings.
hope this can be solved. i will post my logs when get the chance so hopefully can get resolved.
thank you

2 years 4 months ago #78441

updated to the latest version of indi still having the same issue.

logs attached 
2 years 2 months ago #80520
Attachments:

I have solved my problem after switching back to my windows mini pc. I had the same issue with Sharpcap and Altair capture it would appear the camera it's was at fault. 

After chatting with Altair about my issues they asked me to run serval tests which all failed. They asked me send them the camera for further diagnosis. They confirmed the camera was faulty. Lucky for me it was under warranty so it was replaced. 

​​​​​I have the replacement camera now and it works perfectly.

Anyone having similar issues try the steps in the link below it what they asked me to check first it might help.

www.altairastro.help/info-instructions/t...-with-altair-camera/

2 years 1 month ago #80737

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by Nelson on topic Altair 269c

I know this is quite an old thread, but it may be helpful to others as the issue also affects me and it's still ongoing.

I have a 183C Pro TEC and a GPCAM2 290m and on Ekos I get timeouts all the time. Can't get any exposures out of the 290m and the 183C is reporting temperature errors and connections time out often.

I've filed an issue with Altair, as both cameras work great out of the box in Altair Capture (both Mac and Windows) and it turns out there are some issues in the Altair Indi driver. They seem to be old issues, so it's likely these woes are all coming from there.

The good news is that they have now been identified and Altair is working on a fix for their Indi driver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
1 year 7 months ago #85973

Time to create page: 0.383 seconds