INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New ASI One-driver-one-camera

Since many users reported that multiple ASI cameras sometimes do not play nicely when they run together under the INDI ZWO Driver, I added a new single-driver-single-camera framework. It's been merged to GIT and should be in nightly soon. Please test and report back, thanks!

If this turns out to be good, I'll extend this to other drivers like QHY, Toupcam, Altair..etc.

2 years 7 months ago #74899
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 161
I git pulled and tried to connect. My ASI cams show up as normal...

Bus 002 Device 003: ID 03c3:294f ZWO ASI294MC Pro
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 03c3:294b ZWO ASI294MC

I started one instance of indi_asi_single_ccd like this:
indiserver -v indi_lx200gemini indi_asi_single_ccd indi_robo_focus
no error occurs.

Befor starting Ekos, I edited the profile to account for the ASI cams as shown in your screen shot.

Once I start Ekos, an error occurs:
2021-08-26T22:29:35: [ERROR] Error connecting to the CCD (ASI_ERROR_CAMERA_REMOVED).

None of the cameras connect. The Indi panel looks like this:

When I click CONNECT, the error occurs again. When I click at ZWO ASI 294MC the message
2021-08-26T22:32:46: [INFO] The driver must now be restarted for this change to take effect.
is displayed and Ekos won't connect to this one either. I'm afraid I'm missing something important.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Alfred.
2 years 7 months ago #74911
Attachments:

I actually got this exact error as well with ASI120+ASI178MC combination. The 178MC indicating "DEVICE REMOVED" message. It drove me crazy for a while then I pulled the power from the 178MC and connected and for some reason that made it work. Afterwards, it just kept working normally (even with power on). I'm not exactly sure what's going on. I though perhaps by the time the first camera connects, the information for the 2nd camera becomes old and this is why it displays this message, but that doesn't really add up.
2 years 7 months ago #74936

• Thank you received: 161
I was able to connect one camera after unplugging and re-plugging but I could not get the other one to connect, too. I assume you are running two instances of indi_asi_single_ccd? By "pulled the power" what do you mean? The power plug for the cooler, really? I suspect you pulled the USB cable? Did you re-start the drivers after unplug-replug? I tried pretty much all of that but did not succeed.
2 years 7 months ago #74940

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds