INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

First tries with EOS 1200d and SPC900

• Thank you received: 0
Hello there!

INDI and Ekos are very nice, and I can't wait using them to control my remote obsy. So I started testing it last week-end.
Everything went smoothly for the mount (AZ-EQ6), but I have a few problems with imagers.

Canon EOS 1200d DSLR
Using GPhoto, I can connect to it and have it taking pictures. What I can't understand is the proper way to configure exposure and image format. Ilthe options, there are several places where I can set format (native or FITS; RAW, JPG L or M...) and exposure time. Yesterday I added a 1sec exposure to the sequence list and got a 30sec image... Could someone using this type of device can send me a screenshot of his configuration?

SPC900 webcam
I use this to guide when making deepsky images with the 1200d, and also to film planets. First, how can I do the latter?
Then, when setting this cam a guiding camera, I don't have a "guiding" tab in Ekos. Is it because I have to configure something about the guide scope?

Thanks in advance.
8 years 1 month ago #6893

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 95
Look at my screenshot:
You can try my open project Astronomy Linux
8 years 1 month ago #6895
Attachments:

Hello !

Yesterday evening I did more tests with the DSLR and the webcam. I don't know why it didn't work the first time, but now I have the "guiding" tab...

With the DSLR, I managed to better understand the behaviour of the driver. Still, I had issues sometimes with the camera not closing its shutter when the exposure asked by INDI was done: I asked for 0.2s exposure, and both Ekos and the GPhoto INDI driver showed this value in their logs, but the camera continued to expose for 30" before sending the image... I was not able to determine why, because subsequent tests did not behave like that...
8 years 1 month ago #6896

There is a new GPhoto (DSLR) driver in development, should hopefully be ready for testing sometime next week, so stay tuned.
8 years 1 month ago #6897

Very good news !
How can I check when it's released?
8 years 1 month ago #6898

Actually, it's probably going to take longer than that according to the developer. At any rate, is your camera in manual bulb mode? and if you use command line gphoto, do you get any different results?
8 years 1 month ago #6899

It's in Manual mode, but not in Bulb. Should I set it to Bulb?
I didn't try with gphoto directly...
8 years 1 month ago #6901

That's why I used, but I only captured test images, nothing under actual conditions. Try and see if it makes any difference.
8 years 1 month ago #6902

OK, thanks a lot. I will try this.
8 years 1 month ago #6903

Hello !

Just did some tests with the webcam (Phillips SPC900). I have no problem taking single frames with it, but I wanted to try video stream and record, in order to do planetary video capture.

The problem is sometimes, the connection to the camera crashes, then all I can do is unplug it. Disconnect then reconnect in Ekos does not work.
Here is what INDI tells when it happens:
2016-02-13T07:45:54: Driver indi_v4l2_ccd: recorder: setpixelformat 842093913
2016-02-13T07:45:54: Driver indi_v4l2_ccd: recorder: setsize 640x480
2016-02-13T07:48:03: Driver indi_v4l2_ccd: ReadFrame IO_METHOD_MMAP: VIDIOC_DQBUF error 19, No such device
2016-02-13T07:48:03: Driver indi_v4l2_ccd: VIDIOC_STREAMOFF error 19, No such device
2016-02-13T07:48:10: Driver indi_v4l2_ccd: VIDIOC_STREAMOFF error 19, No such device
2016-02-13T07:48:10: Driver indi_v4l2_ccd: Disconnect cam
2016-02-13T07:48:19: Driver indi_v4l2_ccd: Cannot identify /dev/video0: 2, No such file or directory
8 years 1 month ago #6910

I'm not really sure, maybe it could be a crash on the system level. If that happens, can you use ANY other application to open the camera? Also, have you tried recording from other applications?
8 years 1 month ago #6916

Time to create page: 0.852 seconds