INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Multiple QHY cameras

• Thank you received: 7
Hi all,

Can anybody please confirm if indi/ekos works fine with multiple qhy cams? (guiding+imaging)

Thanks!
2 years 6 months ago #75174

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 9
I do not see why it won't but it is nice if someone can confirm this :D
2 years 6 months ago #75177

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Multiple QHY cameras

Should work fine. Right now one driver controls multiple cameras. Recently, I added a feature so that you can run one-camera per driver since it appears that using a single executable to manage multiple cameras might not work so well after all despite what the SDK claims. This feature was added to ZWO cameras, and will most likely be extended to QHY cameras once it is proven worthwhile.
2 years 6 months ago #75210

Replied by Miguel on topic Multiple QHY cameras

Thanks for the replies guys! I would like to hear from someone who effectively (and hopefully!) runs a qhy guiding cam and another for  imaging
2 years 6 months ago #75213

• Thank you received: 6
I'm using QHY163 and old QHY5 (first version) on a single INDI driver and they work (mostly). Unfortunately this setup doesn't work on RaspberryPi 3 or 4. I only managed to get it working on intel based laptop. Please note I didn't yet try to use both cameras at the same time. I can only confirm that I can connect to both from KStars and take a single frame from each.
2 years 6 months ago #75277

Thanks for the reply. Why didn't work with rpi3/4? In fact I want to use an rpi4 for both cams, at the same time
2 years 6 months ago #75279

• Thank you received: 6
I suspect USB driver in RPi kernel. It might be more than that. Firstly with QHY163 camera it won't work with USB3 controller on RPi4. I didn't debug that so I don't know what the issue might be. If I force it to use USB2 mode (by either plugging to USB2 socket or using USB2 hub) I'm able to connect to the camera. It doesn't work always though. I noticed that I'm getting the best result if I connect to the camera while there is no power supply connected to it. This prevents the camera from cooling, but I can connect the power after I connect from RPi with INDI. Then I'm able to take a single frame and on the next attempt some error happens. I tried upgrading to the latest and greatest version of INDI and driver, but this just changed the error message I got. In the end I gave up with RPi4 and went with my laptop and powered USB2 hub. This setup works pretty consistently. I guess the next step will be replacing RPi4 with some cheap intel NUC so I don't have to carry the laptop to the mount.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Miguel
2 years 6 months ago #75280

oops, bad news then :-( I guess I will have to deal with those problems :-(((
2 years 6 months ago #75282

Time to create page: 0.829 seconds