INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Nikon d850 shows incorrect image size

• Thank you received: 12
Inside the indi control panel, if I scroll over it gives me different options for how ‘big’ (x and y pixel count) my camera is. They’re not right. Who can I talk to about fixing it? I’m assuming it’s pulling from a data file?

Thanks,
Chris
2 years 3 months ago #78158

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 69
So for me at least, with my Nikon Z7, I had to specify the correct values in the right most column and then press the set button. After checking both tabs, I saved the configuration using the options tab.I can't get it to use 16 bits rather than 8 bits (it's a 14 bit dynamic range camera), but at least the camera interface works as it is.
Cheers
Jerry

Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Jerry Black.
2 years 3 months ago #78159
Attachments:

So those settings don’t propagate anywhere? That’s all I care about. Plate solving.

thanks!

Chris
2 years 3 months ago #78164

Hi Chris, Things seem to work quite well for me (having set those parameters). Can you more fully describe your problem and/or attach images of the tabs that are problematic?

Thanks
2 years 3 months ago #78166

When you start the driver for the first time it's propagated throughout the driver as a lower value. Specifically if you go to the imgsettings page there are 3 options you can select (i'm assuming FX, DX, and 1080p for the video). But, they're not the right values. I didn't think they matter; on one of the parameter pages you enter the values and it'll update through EKOS. But, somehow when I went into Pixinsight, those were the sizes of the pictures. Proof is on this page:

www.astrobin.com/gck0a2/

The image size is not the size of my D850. I didn't crop those images at all. Straight from registration/integration with no dithering.
2 years 3 months ago #78197

That is weird. For my Z7, the values are correct

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
2 years 3 months ago #78232
Attachments:

That’s what mine should look like. I tried to go through the source for the driver but I can’t find where that info is stored. Thanks for the picture btw.
2 years 3 months ago #78238

That must be it then, you just need to select the resolution like in the image. These are auto-generated properties retrieved from GPhoto, which communicates with the camera, so you will not find them in the driver. Once you set it to the correct resolution as shown above it should be OK.
2 years 3 months ago #78242

Interesting. So those incorrect values are pulled from the camera. I wonder if a firmware update will correct it. Mine do not show those values.

Thanks!
Chris
2 years 3 months ago #78257

For future people wondering what's happening; there's a setting on your Nikon that allows you to change how the camera uses itself.  For some reason it had reverted to a "1.2x" chip size vice "FX" which is the full frame.  In addition, you need to make sure you change the file size to 'RAW L" which is the full size of the camera.  Instantly changed it to the correct size.

Totally not related to the driver.  I dunno how I set that or when, but... garbage in/garbage out.

2 years 3 months ago #78608

Time to create page: 1.315 seconds