INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kstars indi_canon_ccd crashes with error "undefined symbol: ISSnoopDevice"

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I am trying to connect my Canon 500D to KStars but the INDI driver keeps crashing. The protocol states the following: 
startup: /usr/bin/indiserver -v -p 7625 -m 399 -r 0 .f /tmp/indififoe0d97c49
listening to port 7625 on fd3
FIFO: start indi_canon_ccd
FIFO: starting driver indi_canon_ccd
Driver indi_canon_ccd: pid=10596 rfd=4 wfd=7 efd=8
Client 5: new arrival from 127.0.0.1:51778 - welcome!
Driver indi_canon_ccd: indi_canon_ccd: symbol lookup error /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libindidriver.so.1: undefined symbol: ISSnoopDevice
Driver indi_canon_ccd: stderr EOF
Driver indi_canon_ccd: Terminated after #10 restarts

There are a few threads which mention this topic but unfortunately, I wasn't able to find a solution from these. I ran apt-get update and apt-get upgrade today so the drivers, system etc. should be up to date. What's confusing me especially is that I can control the camera with gphoto2 without any issue so it's KStars which causes the issue. Any idea on how to solve this?

Thank you very much in advance!
2 years 3 months ago #78561

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 31
Hi John,

It could be an INDI lib and INDI 3rd party binary version missmatch.

Are you sure INDI and INDI 3rd party are both up to date ?

Best regards,

Thx8411
2 years 3 months ago #78571

• Thank you received: 21
What are the Versions? Please run the following command and post output:
$ dpkg -l indi-bin indi-gphoto libgphoto2\*
A working config on Astroberry is (last tried a few weeks back, due to clouds) is:
||/ Name                    Version      Architektur  Beschreibung
+++-=======================-============-============-==========================
ii  indi-bin                1.9.2-1      armhf        INDI server, drivers and t
ii  indi-gphoto             3.0-8        armhf        INDI GPhoto (DSLR) Camera 
ii  libgphoto2-6:armhf      2.5.27       armhf        gphoto2 digital camera lib
ii  libgphoto2-port12:armhf 2.5.27       armhf        gphoto2 digital camera por
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Grimaldi.
2 years 3 months ago #78590

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks for your help, guys! I did as you asked, here's the table:
||/ Name                    Version      Architektur  Beschreibung
+++-=======================-============-============-==========================
ii  indi-bin                1.8.6        armhf        INDI server, drivers and t
ii  indi-gphoto             3.0-8        armhf        INDI GPhoto (DSLR) Camera 
ii  libgphoto2-6:armhf      2.5.27       armhf        gphoto2 digital camera lib
un  libgphoto2-l10n         <keine>      <keine>      (keine Beschreibung vorhan
un  libgphoto2-port10       <keine>      <keine>      (keine Beschreibung vorhan
ii  libgphoto2-port12:armhf 2.5.27       armhf        gphoto2 digital camera por

It seems like a) indi-bin is not up to date and b) somethings odd with libgphoto2-l10n and libgphoto2-port10.

Edit: I updated the indi-bin using
sudo apt-get install cmake indi-full libindi-dev
and now the connection works! 
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by John McCain.
2 years 3 months ago #78596

• Thank you received: 21
A line starting with „un“ means „unknown“ and „not installed“. Happens when a package is mentioned or requested by another package, but is then finally not installed or was not in the repository. See header printed before the table. These can be safely ignored and to be honest I removed these entries for clarity. Sorry for the confusion this has caused.
2 years 3 months ago #78598

Time to create page: 0.469 seconds