INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

slow network connection breaks ASI image transport

• Thank you received: 2
Current setup: ZWO ASI183MM connected to scope computer (itx ASRock MB + intel core i3) running indiserver. EKOS running on laptop connects remotely.

If EKOS connects to computer via router placed inside observatory, then camera functions as expected.

However, if EKOS laptop is placed further away, inside house, with slower network connection. Camera images, no matter how small, are not transported. Images are written to local drive without difficulty, but, say, preview images don't make it back to the EKOS client. I mean like 400 pixel images.

Kind of a strange all-or-nothing performance from the ASI camera, something I've complained about previously. If anyone has dealt with this issue, I'd love to hear about it. Otherwise, I'll just keep working on improving house-to-observatory network speeds.

Thanks for reading.
2 years 2 months ago #80323

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
I had a similar issue with my Asi 294 MM: there was simply no way of downloading any exposure locally, which was a huge pain, expecially for focusing and pointing. In my case, I managed to track the issue to the buffer size of indiserver: it just is too small. So I forked the original indi, increase the buffers size and never had an issue ever again.
You could try to compile the fork and try it…
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Copper
2 years 2 months ago #80324

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.614 seconds