INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Image Geometry mismatch

• Thank you received: 29
Hi everyone,

I have seen related posts but did not find an answer: images taken with my Nikon DSLR have the raw dimensions w: 5600 and h: 3728, for lights I have taken in the field directly with the camera. Back at home, done the flats via Ekos have slightly deviating dimensions. I cannot amend the dimensions in the capture module, even if I update the image settings in the control section to match the camera dimensions. This causes an error at PixInsight when trying to calibrate the raw files with the flats generated in Ekos.

What can I do?

Best, Helge
2 years 2 weeks ago #82015

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 31

Replied by Ron DeBry on topic Image Geometry mismatch

Unfortunately, many dslr users discover this the hard way. Native Raw files often have different dimensions than fits files. If you can, re-shoot the flats (and darks?) in native format.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Helge
2 years 2 weeks ago #82016

• Thank you received: 5
I had the same issue, I have started re-taking some calibration frames in FITS now. I may stick with FITS, or maybe go back to CR2.
2 years 1 week ago #82035

• Thank you received: 8

Replied by Steve on topic Image Geometry mismatch

Went through that too :)

Shoot all your frames either in raw or in FITS, but never mix formats.

Raw are smaller on disk but cannot integrate some metadata (WCS info for instance).

Make your choice and stick to it otherwise you'll find yourself with useless data.
2 years 1 week ago #82075

Time to create page: 0.745 seconds