INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Entry in sequence queue doesn't start for Bias frames

• Thank you received: 13
I have to manually stop the sequence queue and select run again to start each entry in the queue for bias frames. Light frame sequences work without interaction.
I have been taking a lot of bias frames to study what offset I should use at a particular gain. This involves adding several entries in the sequence queue. Each entry has a count of 5 at different offset. Typically 6 or 7 entries in the queue. I start the queue and see the whirly gig wait cursor display but nothing happens. I then have to hit the stop button and the start button again. The first item in the queue runs and the 5 images are taken, displaying in the fits viewer. The whirly gig wait cursor appears again and I have to hit stop and start again and manually step through the entries in the sequence.
This behaviour is not seen with Light frames. The sequence queue runs without interaction.

A guess, but maybe Kstars/Ekos is waiting for me to confirm the camera is covered. I do not see a prompt in the GUI however. If I did I would like the option to turn this holding property off.
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by David Bennett. Reason: Possible reason
1 year 11 months ago #82071

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

This is most likely an issue we had to bias frames that was fixed in a recent update. Make sure all software is up to date. Re-download KStars 3.5.8
1 year 11 months ago #82095

• Thank you received: 13
Hi Jasem. Just checked and I had 6:3.5.8 already installed. Did an update and the only item needing updating was skychart. When you say Re-download do I uninstall (apt-get remove) and then re-install? If so will my settings be preserved?
1 year 11 months ago #82116

Settings are preserved. No need to remove, just run software updater.
1 year 11 months ago #82164

• Thank you received: 5
I have exactly the same problem.

DSLR setting is the fastest I can do: -

All I get is the death spiral and agree I do not get the caution to appear for putting the lens cover on as well.

Currently, I take darks and place them in a different directory. I have other more pressing issues now to deal with.
1 year 11 months ago #82189
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.458 seconds