INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY camera drivers: anti-dew regulation

• Thank you received: 1
Hi guys!
I have a question about the drivers for the QHY cameras: in particular I use the QHY268 Mono camera.
This camera is provided with a humidity sensor that, accordingly to the read value of humidity, regulates the heating of a resistence located near the sensor window, just to avoid the formation of fog into the camera (see the official manual for this camera here: www.qhyccd.com/qhy268ph-m-c/) .
How can I activate this functionality in Ekos?
Actually, in the INDI control panel I can see the real time value of humidity, reported in the CCD/Main Control sheet. However, this value is not reported in the CCD panel during the image acquisition. However, I am not able to see any button for enabling the auto heating of the anti-dew resistance, as a function of the humidity value.

Is this function integrated in the QHY driver of Ekos? In case, it is possible to implement also this function?

Many thanks in advance,

Frank
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Franck.
1 year 10 months ago #82770

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
Anyone that could help me?
1 year 10 months ago #82791

• Thank you received: 38
If I recall, the heater is always turned on, or is turned on when cooling is activated. There are no switches in INDI due to the camera itself controlling the dew heater.
1 year 10 months ago #82838

• Thank you received: 38
I own many QHY cameras, and be aware due to the short back-focus of the QHY268M, cooling may outrun the heater on the window. I had this issue and had to adjust my cooling strategy to compensate for the sensor being closer to the window.
1 year 10 months ago #82839

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds