INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY Driver Crashing continuously

• Thank you received: 1
I just got a QHY 168C and it was kind of working for awhile and then I somehow crashed the driver and couldn't get it to restart. I tried upgrading the driver, which appeared to make things worse.

Output of indi_qhy_ccd:
symbol lookup error: indi_qhy_ccd: undefined symbol: _ZN4INDI3CCD16SetCaptureFormatEh
astroberry@astroberry:~ $ sudo apt-cache madison indi-qhy libqhy
  indi-qhy |     2.7-13 | https://www.astroberry.io/repo buster/main armhf Packages
    libqhy |    22.5.11 | https://www.astroberry.io/repo buster/main armhf Packages

I assume I have some sort of version mismatch somewhere, but I can't figure out what it is or how to sync the versions up. TIA!
1 year 8 months ago #84385

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Build issue, needs to be recompiled against INDI Library.
1 year 8 months ago #84389

I assume that involves downloading the source and running some build command. Can you help me out with how to do those things? I'm a developer, but I don't use Linux.

Alternatively, is there a way to downgrade? I upgraded using apt-get, but I've been unable to find old versions there.
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Brian Weber.
1 year 8 months ago #84390

• Thank you received: 38
I am not sure about astroberry, but you can try to build it from the source on Git Hub. There are two parts, one is the base INDI system located here:

github.com/indilib/indi

And the second part is building the INDI-3rdparty libs and drivers. located here:

github.com/indilib/indi-3rdparty

The instructions are below the file list.

It's pretty easy. The release source code is also on the right side of the pane.
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Sonny Cavazos.
1 year 8 months ago #84418

Thanks! I was able to figure it out eventually, so I'll write it down here for myself and anyone else who might run across this post:
* I cloned this repo: github.com/indilib/indi-3rdparty
* I'm using INDI 1.9.6, so I found the commit that corresponded to that tag (github.com/indilib/indi-3rdparty/releases/tag/v1.9.6) and checked that out (
git checkout c9f706d
).
* From there, I built the particular drivers I needed (indi-qhy, indi-asi, and indi-eqmod in my case) by following the instructions in INSTALL - apparently the more recent version of cmake has slightly different syntax, so I used
cmake -S<source code directory> -B<build output directory>
* After cmake and make, I ran
sudo make install
for each of the relevant drivers and I was off to the races.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Holler
1 year 8 months ago #84429

Time to create page: 0.710 seconds