INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ASI585MC: Is this supported by latest indi_asi driver, possiblyEkos?

• Thank you received: 3
As I'm not using a DSLR at the moment I just bought a new ASI585MC camera; after not being recognized initially on my main RPi 4. I cloned that RPi4 Indi/Kstars image and updated to 1.9.6. The camera is now recognized, but will not expose. After reading a thread or two here indicating some concern with an upgrade and some potential package conflicts, I wiped that image and tried again with a fresh build, and am getting the same result. Interestingly the Live View will display a stream; this works while the indi logs indicate a failure (see attached). Exposure does not work at all. The only other cameras I had to test to validate Exo was not the issue were two Svbony cams, which did work as expected. The camera will also work in Oacapture, with no issues.

It's possible (I'm honestly expecting) that the reason this camera is not working is because it is a relatively new release as I've seen no mention of ASI585MCs in the wild, but as a sanity check can this be confirmed?

Thanks!
1 year 8 months ago #84561
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If you can test the nightly/beta releases that contains the latest libasi then you can know for sure. We had to revert arm64 libasi build though due to user reported crashes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KVE
1 year 8 months ago #84569

• Thank you received: 41
I'm using regularly a ASI533MC on Astroberry (32bits raspian based distro) without problems. Now I'm running a nightly from a two weeks ago and I've tested it successfully: the camera respond to temperature control, I can use different exposure times and the camera receives more light with more exposure (is day time here). It download the images and show it on the FITS viewer. So, for me is working as expected.
1 year 8 months ago #84574

Thanks for the replies folks; I suspect the issues you mentioned might be the cause; I'll give a nightly build a go and see what I get.

Thanks again!
1 year 7 months ago #84910

• Thank you received: 0
Hi!

I'm having the same problems with the same camera ASI585MC. Astroberry recognizes the camera without problems but when taking pictures with it, the exposure fails.

Were you able to solve it with a nightly build?

Thank you very much and best regards
1 year 7 months ago #85219

Unfortunately I was not, but the symptoms are the same after testing so the experience is consistent. :) To clarify: I'm still seeing the same behavior you are.

I do not have any issues while using the ZWO software on OSX. I'll wait it out a bit and try again in a few weeks as this is a new relatively new release. I would be curious if last year's ASI485 has the same issue as I've gone looking for instances of people using it under Ekos with the indi-asi driver and I don't see many if any.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zerokoto
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by KVE. Reason: more info
1 year 7 months ago #85228

• Thank you received: 107
I have ASI485MC and it is working mostly fine. Thought I need to set bandwith to around 50-60 to get smooth stream without interuptions. Otherwise it is working fine.
1 year 7 months ago #85240

It appears that I was able to get this working with StellarMate (64Bit) on my RPI 8GB pretty much out of the "box". I did not try 32 bit. I'll test over the next two days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Zerokoto
1 year 7 months ago #85247

Running astroberry on a Pi3B+ latest verison 2.0.4 and PC with latest Ekos/Kstars 3.6.0
My ASI585MC is not recognized in ekos, simply doesn't show up, while you other see it but can't start exposures. In my setup it doesn't show up at all.
ASI290MM works fine on the setup, as well as my D700 DSLR.
Any idea if a SW update will come with support for this new camera. Or anyone with a workaround?
1 year 6 months ago #86001

ASI585MC doesn't work with the latest Astroberry v2.0.4
Camera is no recognized.
Waiting/hoping for an update or fix...
1 year 6 months ago #86198

I have also switched to stellarmate 64 on Raspberry Pi 4 with 8Gb and it worked correctly since the first time. Very happy with it.

The OS is $50 but I think it's worth it.
1 year 6 months ago #86201

Time to create page: 0.907 seconds