INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Saving images in DSLR flash card?

• Thank you received: 0
I'm experiencing problem with the USB connector on the side of my Canon EOS 77D DSLR. The connector seems to be loose and many images, mostly dark and bias frames appear with large stripes that move from an image to the other. I suspect the transfer because it never occurs when the images are saved to the memory card.

My question is: is it possible to simply save the images to the memory card (not deleting them) with INDI? I know it is possible with gphoto2 and I guess INDI is based on this utility (maybe I'm wrong?) I would simply read the images with a card reader. I`m sure it is possible but I don't know how.

Thanks for your help!

Dominique
1 year 8 months ago #84796

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
In the “image settings” module, that you can find in the ekos control panel, have you set SD CARD to “save”?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dominique Beauchamp
1 year 8 months ago #85396

• Thank you received: 1
In the “image settings” module, that you can find in the ekos control panel, is SD CARD set to “save”? If not, try that.
1 year 8 months ago #85397

• Thank you received: 0
Well, you're right, after setting the SD CARD to save, it actually performs what I want it to do. Thank you!

By the way, my problem was not due to a faulty USB connector but to a digitizing level issue. I tried different ISO settings and at small values (say < ISO 800), the bias and even the dark is so low that digitizing structures appear. These structures don't show at ISO 1600+.

Dominique
1 year 8 months ago #85404

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds