INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY268m and readout modes

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

I recently became a happy owner of a QHY268m camera, but now I'm a bit confused on how to operate it corrrectly. This camera has 4 different "readout modes", with the first ("0") set as default. Now, I wish to use mode 1 instead, and image at gain 58, offset 20, as this seems to be fairly optimal for deepsky and variable star imaging. But how do I set this readout mode in Indi?

According to the QHY website, there might be a form of automatic changing of modes:
"Please note there is a HGC/LGC switch point at gain55 to gain56. Gain0-55 uses LGC and Gain55-100 uses HGC." However, other users using ASCOM seems to have a specific setting for readout modes...

It also says that " These readout modes are currently supported in the QHY ASCOM Camera Driver, SharpCAP software and the N.I.N.A software." But nothing about Indi.

So: should I understand this as
1. I can not change readout mode in INDI so it will always be the default 0?
2. It automatically switches to 1 when going about gain 56 - so imaging with Indi at gain 58 means readout mode1?
3. There is a setting somewhere that I didn't find?

Very grateful for any advice on this.

Magnus
1 year 6 months ago #86803

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 20

Replied by JuergenN on topic QHY268m and readout modes

Hi Magnus,
I'm using the 268C model but I think this should be the same for the M-version:

You can set the readmode in the INDI control panel for the QHY268. There are fields/buttons for gain, offset and readmode.

HTH.

Regards

Jürgen
1 year 6 months ago #86805

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

Thanks! NOW i see it. I've been over these settings probably 50 times (I am not joking) but did not see it....

So, thanks, problem solved :)
Magnus
1 year 6 months ago #86806

Time to create page: 0.831 seconds