INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Touptek Camera SDK Major Update

• Thank you received: 3
Further testing revealed that after aborting an in-progress shot, infinite exposure failure occurs.

The test conditions were a focus module, a 1s cycle of short exposures by the camera, and stopping midway.
1 year 1 month ago #90053

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 31
Lanco, would you be able to test the new driver using a usb 2.0 connection? I have never been able to get my Risingcam 2600 to work with usb 2. It connects, but any attempt to capture remains stuck in "Capturing" and nothing downloads.
1 year 1 month ago #90057

indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/12884-toupcam-driver.html

First of all, the use of USB 2.0 is not recommended, there may be strange problems, including readout stick, and secondly, the current need to manually copy the OEM so file for replacement, other functions are the same
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by lanco.
1 year 1 month ago #90074

Thank you for the information.

The usb 3 only restriction is unfortunate, because:

1) The camera works fine over usb 2 with the windows driver in ToupSky

2) My mount's (CEM40) through-the-mount cabling is usb 2, so I must run a separate usb 3 cable for the camera.
1 year 1 month ago #90106

Back to the main point of the thread, the new High-FullWell mode:

What are your recommended settings?

HFW - On
Low-noise - Off(?)
LCG or HCG?

With the prior sdk version I was normally using LN=on and HCG Gain 100, while rarely using LCG, gain 100
1 year 1 month ago #90109

HFW and LCG is badly needed,

LN on and off is rather ok.

And gain is best at 1e/ADU. I'm still try to measure which logic gain is 1e/ADU. If anyone got it, looking forward to hear. Limited by the quality of the light source, my last measurement is not very accurate, the theoretical value may be around 177 to 200

www.lightvortexastronomy.com/measuring-y...with-pixinsight.html

Considering that every sensor is different from the factory, it is recommended to measure your unity gain if you can.
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by lanco.
1 year 1 month ago #90143

The Crash JASEM encountered was reproduced on my pc for the first time. After the release of 2.0.0INDI and 3.6.3Kstars, I was curious if the stable version solved the connection of QHYcam and Toupcam, so yesterday I helped a friend of our Observatory to install Xubuntu 22.04 and the latest program from PPA as a clean install.

First I tested the connection to QHY5LIIM on my friend's computer, although still slower than ZWO, but the connection is much faster than in the past, and successfully connected and exposed.

After that I tested connecting the ToupCam 2600. It seems slow to establish a connection on my friend's computer, as this camera was instantly connected in the version I had built earlier.

But at least both cameras were able to connect to my friend's computer at the same time and work properly, I was then convinced that the stable version of PPA apt-install was no longer has this problem.

=============

Today I used the script github.com/lancoyan/buildKstarsNightlyFromGit on my computer, a computer that has compiled INDI 2.0.0 many times over, probably with some kind of residue.

In all the combinations of versions I build, including 3.6.2/3.6.3+2.0.0, the chart was instantly connected and worked fine, but QHY was completely unrecognized and unconnected (probably an isolated case of my computer).

So I wanted to try the PPA version to see if it would solve all the problems.

After installing the PPA version, perhaps with my previous compilation residue, the Toupcam begins to crash all the time.

I then uninstalled PPA, rebooted, rebuild my version, and installed the gdb package

sudo apt install gdb
sudo apt-get install indi-dbg
gdb --ex run --eval-command="set follow-fork-mode child" --args indiserver -v indi_toupcam_ccd

Surprisingly, before rebooting or installing GDB, even my build version was crashing, but after that it was fine, no more crashing, and the graph could run stably. QHY still won't connect though, and I have purchased ASI220 to replace QHY.

Toupcam Engineers Karas said they would try the PPA version on Monday to see if the crashes could be reproduced.
1 year 1 month ago #90148
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 17
Camera offset information is not written in the FITS file. Is this Ok?
1 year 1 month ago #90151

I do not have PI, so cannot run that type of sensor analysis. However, CN user Cbaxter ran a a sensor analysis in Sharpcapsensor analysis in Sharpcap . and those results are consistent with analyses from other brand 571 cameras

There is no "unity gain". For either LCG or HCG any gain higher than 100 suffers a loss of dynamic range.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lanco
1 year 1 month ago #90153
Attachments:

I asked Karas about this and he said that the SDKs used by Ascom and Indi were not intentionally adjusted, which means that the measurements under Ascom are able to provide a reference for Indi to choose Logic Gain.

I looked carefully at the table you posted, and the 100Gain under LCG is in line with the HFW Off expectation.

So now we mainly need the measurement result of HFW On + LCG ON + (Optional LN OFF).

I upload here Latest Toupcam Ascom's HFW (High Full Well Mode) driver download, which is also the version build in December, it supports running sensor analysis in Sharpcap.

File Attachment:

File Name: ToupTekASC...2-03.zip
File Size:6,271 KB

The last image is the analysis we ran during the driver development stage, and the final result is fine-tuned, so it needs to be verified, but roughly speaking 1e/ADU corresponds to 77Ke Full well capacity.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron DeBry
1 year 1 month ago #90155
Attachments:

Ahh - interesting. It is almost as if extended full well mode is "super low conversion gain" mode.

I played around with EFW a bit last night, though without the benefit of your sensor analysis. I had set HCG + EFW and gain 100. With an f/6.5 scope on the Double Cluster, I tried various exposure times, up to 120s. At 120s I still had not saturated any pixels (max ADU ~58000). Of course I have no idea what the e/ADU is for the HCG/EFW combination.
1 year 1 month ago #90165

I still get crash on x86-64 but only when using RGB (RAW 16 works fine). The crash happens somewhere in libtoupcam. Incidentally, if I compile directly on my PC, I don't get the RGB crash so it's puzzling. Maybe debian packaging affects some symbols.
1 year 1 month ago #90186

Time to create page: 2.853 seconds