INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Struggle setting raw 16 bit format

• Thank you received: 0
I'm sure it is user error. I've ran into some trouble switching from libindi 1.8.9 to 1.9.9 in setting raw mode for my camera with pyindi-client. I've tried debugging with indi-getprop and indi-setprop. It was working great for me in 1.8.9, but in 1.9.9 I can't get raw data.

I've gone through and set:
Toupcam GPCMOS01200KPC.CCD_VIDEO_FORMAT.TC_VIDEO_COLOR_RGB=Off
Toupcam GPCMOS01200KPC.CCD_VIDEO_FORMAT.TC_VIDEO_COLOR_RAW=On
Toupcam GPCMOS01200KPC.CCD_CAPTURE_FORMAT.INDI_RGB=Off
Toupcam GPCMOS01200KPC.CCD_CAPTURE_FORMAT.INDI_RAW=On

However I still see:
Toupcam GPCMOS01200KPC.CCD_INFO.CCD_BITSPERPIXEL=8

And also the blob dimensions are still 3xHxW instead of just HxW.

When I use Ekos It see CCD_BITPERPIXEL=16, but not sure how it set that, all I changed there was Format from RGB to RAW.

Does anyone know what step I am now missing to get RAW data instead of 3 channel 8 bit format?
1 year 3 months ago #89620

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Check CCD_CAPTURE_FORMAT format property. This is the primary property that should be used across cameras to set the format.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Russell Valentine
1 year 3 months ago #89629

• Thank you received: 0
Thank you, this was really helpful to me. I removed the other properties I was setting and focused on CCD_CAPTURE_FORMAT.

I was able to get 16 bit raw mode. I maybe have a unique use case. But one thing I ran into is that if you start with a empty ~/.indi/ directory I needed to set the properties, disconnect from camera, then reconnect to really have all the properties have effect. I would see the properties set with indi_getprop, but the camera was not doing the right thing. It might just be something pyindi-client, or the toup driver, or my environment.

I am able to do what I need, and your reply got me moving again, so thank you very much!
1 year 3 months ago #89637

Time to create page: 0.438 seconds