INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Canon EOS temperature, tag E47

• Thank you received: 7
Hi,
I use Canon EOS 6D to take astrophotos. I have always like the Canon's internal temperature sensor at tag E47. Gives the temperature of the camera body in degrees Celsius. With that I can rename my image files and have the temperature as a part of the filename. When calibrating with darks I can get a much better match in temperature.

I do it like this with Irfanview when I rename the filenames:
www.astrofriend.eu/astronomy/tutorials/t...rame-dslr-canon.html

But I have noticed something strange. Earlier I had a Windows astroserver that controlled the camera with APT software. Then I normally got a temperature about 6 degrees higher than the surrounding temperature. Now when I the last 2 year use KStar/Ekos the temperature is about 10 to 16 degrees higher than the surrounding temperature.

I have the display and liveview disabled.

Any idea if Ekos control the camera in a different way ?

/Lars
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Lars.
1 year 2 months ago #89913
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by Lars on topic Canon EOS temperature, tag E47

I tested the accuracy of the camera's temperature sensor. Indoors at home we have 22 degrees Celsius, the camera then also showed 22 degrees on tag E47. The photograph was taken immediately after the camera was turned on, no heat from the camera itself then. After 30 minutes it showed 24 degrees, camera active all the time but doing no work.

ps.
There is a update of IrfanView to download that concern the temperature:
www.irfanview.com/

Lars
1 year 2 months ago #89986

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.848 seconds