INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Meade Touptek driver is missing from Stellarmate X

• Thank you received: 0
I recently bought the Stellarmate X OS and after testing it with a ZWO camera, it worked good.

However the driver for the Meade DSI 4 mono camera is missing. This driver is present in the Rasp Pi version, but not in the Kubuntu based OS.
I also saw the same driver available in another Linux version, but not in Stellarmate X.

Here are some drivers for Touptek and Meade cameras, but none of them are for the Touptek based Meade camera:

Orion Starshoot G3/G4 - Doesn't work with Meade DSI IV
Meade Deep Sky Imager -Doesn't work with Meade DSI IV
Touptek Camera - -Doesn't work with Meade DSI IV

What the original driver that worked was called "Meade Touptek" and it's in both Astroberry OS and the RPI4 version of Stellarmate OS.
11 months 4 days ago #92378

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We are using Touptek own drivers for latest release. I already informed Touptek of this issue so we get an update soon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank Szabo
11 months 4 days ago #92379

Interesting thing, that I tried with a different Linux OS (Debian latest release) and the meade touptek camera driver in there works with my camera. Tried also with just the clear-Kubuntu OS and that driver doesn't.
10 months 4 weeks ago #92478

• Thank you received: 29
Jasem, the Meade Touptek driver uses the Touptek library but has some special code to make the Meade cameras work with the library. It would be really nice if the official Touptek driver would just support all of the rebranded cameras, but I don't expect Touptek would be willing to do that.
10 months 3 weeks ago #92515

I emailed touptek about this about 2 weeks ago, but no replies.

Just to be clear, these cameras do not work with Linux anymore and they are still sold in online stores

I understand they got a small user base (there are a few people on astrobin), but imagine buying a camera and linux doesn't support it. As of right now, they are just expensive paperweights.
I see much older cameras having their drivers available, so why not these??
The Astroberry OS and RPI versions of Stellarmate's "touptek driver" worked with them.
agenaastro.com/meade-advanced-lunar-plan...nochrome-645004.html

www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1417872-R..._sky_imager_dsi.html

www.telescope.com/Orion/Meade-Planetary-...rc/2160/p/133104.uts
Last edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by Frank Szabo.
9 months 3 weeks ago #93261

Unfortunately, it's not our decision, it's Toupteks. You can reach out to Meade about this but I don't think this will go anyway. The last option is for someone to create a new driver based on some older version of the library and create a unique Meade driver for it.
9 months 3 weeks ago #93262

• Thank you received: 29
It looks like the touptek commit 2367f2d5c29dd33961bfcd9479391a35cc4a9377 deleted the support that I added for OEM cameras, which included the Meade Touptek cameras. I'll can try and add it back in since I just updated my astro computer and also see that there's no driver present for my Meade LPI-G cameras.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Frank Szabo, Jose Cotayo
9 months 3 weeks ago #93266

I'm mostly illiterate in Linux in many ways and don't know how the drivers work with the OS.
I thought maybe there is the option to copy/paste an older driver into a folder on the new SM X?
I beleive I did use Fedora at one point in the past few months for testing purposes, and the Touptek Meade driver was still in there and worked as intended. I assume, that's the older driver database.
Worked with both the Meade LPI-G guider (IMX178 sensor) and the Meade IV Mono (Panasonic sensor).
There is just no way to copy over older drivers like in Windows OS?

BTW, I did write an email to Touptek regarding this issue, but that was 3 weeks ago, I received no reply.
Last edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by Frank Szabo.
9 months 3 weeks ago #93335

Time to create page: 0.954 seconds