INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos fails to control Sony A7s

• Thank you received: 4
Hello,

I am trying to control a Sony A7s camera through Ekos using the gphoto2 plugin. INDI can connect to the camera, but nothing else. When I try to change a setting on the INDI control panel, the light turns yellow, but the setting doesn't change. Even disconnecting the camera is not working. When I try to capture, I can't get anything either.

I've seen here and there that some people are using an A7s with Ekos succesfully. Maybe there's something obvious I'm missing somewhere? Of course my camera is set on PC Remote for the USB option. And the damn thing works using the gphoto2 command line tool.

INDI logs are empty, not sure why, but I'm happy to provide any other information if someone feels like helping me troubleshooting that...

Thanks,

Adrien
7 years 2 months ago #13583

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 6
Did you solve this? I get the same behaviour with my 450D.
7 years 1 month ago #14618

That behavior is the driver crashing. If you don't get _any_ response, then the driver crashed. Most probably due to some build issue. You can either wait for another build and try to run the driver via gdb to debug it. Instructions are in my signature. AFAIK, Sony requires recent libghoto2 to work.
7 years 1 month ago #14624

I don't see anything happening, even nothing in the log window. The driver itself seems to be running still, process is still alive, so maybe it ended up in some undefined state...
I will upgrade and see what happens. Thanks!
7 years 1 month ago #14633

• Thank you received: 2
Hi,

i use sony A7S but gphoto drivers have a lot of problem.
Maybe you can find something here: www.indilib.org/forum/ekos/1679-problems....html?start=36#13742

At post #13742 i explain my workflow to use Sony A7S.

I use Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and here the last libgphoto version is 2.5.9.

The last libgphoto version available is 2.5.12 (in this version some bugs for Sony should be fixed...). With help of a friend now i can use 2.5.12 version (Zesty packkage) in ubuntu 16.04 but the problems still remain... So in the end i still use my workflow
7 years 1 month ago #14636
Attachments:

Thanks again.
As said, I am using a Canon 450D and have different kind of issues but with the same driver. Shortly, the connected light turns yellow and it stops functioning.
See also here: indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/1635-canon-...t-working.html#14637
7 years 1 month ago #14687

Have you ever compiled and installed libindi and/or indi-gphoto driver on your system before yourself?
7 years 1 month ago #14696

Jasem: no I have never taken that dive...
I have done many other (non-Linux) projects though, for different target platforms. Where can I find a description of the workflow?

Edit-1: I found this -- indilib.org/forum/general/210-howto-buil...st-libindi-ekos.html
Would it work on a Pi3 instead of a desktop computer?

Edit-2: It works on the Pi3, in principle. I just built libindi, indi-eqmod and indi-gphoto, but got errors for the latter. One issue with pthreads library not found and another with libraw and libraw_r not found. Not sure how to resolve those, shall I start a dedicated post for this?

Edit-3: See indilib.org/forum/embedded-indi/1957-bui...i-gphoto-on-pi3.html
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Arjan.
7 years 1 month ago #14704

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds