INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ZWO ASI071MC-Cool compatibility

• Thank you received: 5
Happens the same way on my office computer which is an iMac running the 10.13.6 . This is tested in kstars 3.1.0 and 3.1.1 . The same behavior is happening with my 1600MMPro which has worked great until this.
4 years 11 months ago #37627

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
So I tried this with my ASI071MC and don't appear to be seeing the same problem and I am running KStars 3.1.1. In my case the 071 is NOT the pro version, but its likely the drivers are the same? Additionally I did update my stellarmate about 3 days ago to the latest SW using virtual desktop etc and picking the software update option. Perhaps the issue doesn't sit on the PC/Mac side, but on the drivers/os running on stellarmate?
4 years 11 months ago #37639

The most recent change to the ASI SDK happened on March 12th: github.com/indilib/indi/commits/master/3rdparty/indi-asi

Maybe it worth testing before that? The only issue is that it requires compiling as there are no binary packages available back then.

git checkout 9a59699e43ad511c55e2753f9f24f36a6ffdc29f
4 years 11 months ago #37641

• Thank you received: 42
On a local NUC linux install experience the indefinite looping/countdown without an image being produced at times when taking flats. Suspected it was when using options and requesting a high ADU value but have not confirmed that.
Edit> It is a sometimes thing that goes back several months.
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by wotalota.
4 years 11 months ago #37653

Yeah, in the past I have had this behavior when taking short flats as well. I usually had to restart the app and that fixed it. Now it is stuck in a constant loop with two different ASI cameras, on two different machines and 3 different versions of the Kstars. If I change the exposure times, it does the same loop issue and never downloads. It doesn't matter if it is 500secs or .6secs.
4 years 11 months ago #37655

• Thank you received: 420
I just checked with my ASI1600MM-C Pro on KStars nightly and taking a preview does show a popup with the downloaded image in it.

EDIT This is on a 64 bit mini-pc running Ubuntu 18.04

HTH, Wouter
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Wouter van Reeven.
4 years 11 months ago #37673

• Thank you received: 1
Hey Jasem,
Does the KStars 3.1.1 utilize the ASI SDK changes from March 12?

M
4 years 11 months ago #37679

• Thank you received: 53

SAY WHAT!? I had no idea. ODDLY - my recent tests were plagued by amp glow so bad I'd never witnessed it before. (I was on 3.0 port on a nuc) now on 2.0 port of a PI. REALLY that is the cause?

I tried to follow the link (but its broken) so what is the solution of extra ddr?

I use to see no amp glow with a old 1600 mm I now have a 1600mm pro and see it horribly but also using 2.0.

If I can't fix that - I'll have to go to linux on the nuc and shelve the PI. = (
AP Mach1 / CP4 APCC & PEMpro.
EXP SCI - ED152cf APO - Celestron 11" RASA - Stellarvue 80mm
Baader F2 HS NB filters, Lodestar X2 guide camera / OAG - ZWO 290mm mini
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro / ASI174M (solar) / ASI094MC
NEXDome, CLoudwatcher, AVX mount/ASIair and Stellarmate

Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Ron Kramer.
4 years 11 months ago #37798

• Thank you received: 53

the 071 was my first astro camera. the sensor would ice up, then the heater would defrost a grid pattern over the sensor. This happened when cooling lower than -10. (so always). Luckily ZWO allowed me to send it back and swap for the 1600MM back then. (that's made me a ZWO fan and I always shop/consider ZWO first now. (I have a 174 and a 094 as well as the 1600mmpro). I've heard a lot of other people having this same freezing problem. did you get it repaired? on yours?
AP Mach1 / CP4 APCC & PEMpro.
EXP SCI - ED152cf APO - Celestron 11" RASA - Stellarvue 80mm
Baader F2 HS NB filters, Lodestar X2 guide camera / OAG - ZWO 290mm mini
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro / ASI174M (solar) / ASI094MC
NEXDome, CLoudwatcher, AVX mount/ASIair and Stellarmate

4 years 11 months ago #37800

I sent it in and they fixed what was causing my issues before. So far it seems to be working correctly. I posted about this on CN. The temp probe was failing, the sensor was getting fogged and iced up, so far that hasn't happened again, but I have only tested in Oakland,CA and Joshua Tree. Neither of these locations are very cold or very humid. The data from Joshua tree is exceptionally smooth and I like the camera. I would just also like to be able to use it on my Mac with EKOS again.
4 years 11 months ago #37802

• Thank you received: 29
Hi Ron, hi Ezwheel,

I actually gave in with the ZWO ASI071 pro, as with two cameras I encountered ice on the sensor at -10 degree Celsius. It strikes me reading that both of you have experienced this issue.

Best, Helge
4 years 11 months ago #37810

• Thank you received: 29
Hi Ron,

with the not-pro version I also had the mentioned amp-glow problem on the Pi with USB 2.0, that was "fixed" with the buffer introduced with the "pro" version.

best, Helge
4 years 11 months ago #37813

Time to create page: 0.759 seconds