INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHYCCD driver: Can not expose more than 5 seconds.

• Thank you received: 1
Update: no way to get the camera work using a new powered hub. At this point, if nobody has other tests to make me do to check if the problem is related to the software, I'll have to get rid of that bad PC due to its 1.1 slow ports. What about the topic stater? He uses a RaspberryPi 3...
Thanks again.
6 years 3 months ago #22088

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 16
Not all powered USB hubs are equal. In particular you have to be careful with the raspberry Pi.

Some of the el cheapo ones suck.

There can be a problem with the way current if flowing if this isn't covered in the design.

I use Pi Hut Powered USB hub

This hub works well for me with my raspberry Pi 3.

Others have had luck with other ones. I had a few cheap hubs which were dodgy.
6 years 3 months ago #22089

• Thank you received: 30
Good evening

This will occur with upgrades several times ago.
There was no problem with the previous version.

After this reduction happens, if this driver is turned on / off by the INDIWEB manager, the zombie process will remain intact.

I have one RaspberryPi 3 that is constantly updating. One RaspberryPi 3 has not been updated for about 2 months.
In addition, I have Orange Pi 2 plus, Beelink AP 34.
I will check it when the weather is nice.
6 years 3 months ago #22105

Since the device has not been changed long ago, there may be a problem when the QHY driver is updated.
6 years 3 months ago #22106

I thought the same thing when my problem occurred - the first time it worked fine, then an update and now it doesn't work - but since I've used the small computer once I changed mind. I or someone with better experience (I never compiled a C program) should try compiling an old version of indilib to test it, maybe on both your Raspberry and my PC.
Kind regards,
SB.
6 years 3 months ago #22107

I have not checked it yet, but probably, if I use RaspberryPi 3 which I have not updated, I think that the problem of the QHY driver will be gone.
However, since it does not become a fundamental solution, I hope that the problem will be solved by updating the QHY driver.
6 years 3 months ago #22108

Yes, maybe looking at the changes made from the working version to the current we'll be able to find the mistake. Try using the QHY with the old version, while I'll build it from the git repo.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Marco Cipriani.
6 years 3 months ago #22109

I tried the older version of the QHY driver with RaspberryPi3.

Running 5 seconds X 3 times from Ekos did not give any problems.

The QHY driver version is 1.7, the interface is 2.2.
6 years 3 months ago #22111

Good! I'm building libindi, commit 82499d580f2dd529d4571a9ea7a1ac857357c223
6 years 3 months ago #22112

Interesting update: I successfully built INDI (using that old commit) on my target computer using all the commands found in the GitHub repo's readme. Before doing that, I manually removed all the files installed by the QHY SDK in my system and all the INDI/KStars/fxload dependencies. I built all the 3rd party drivers and then, since fxload was not included in that commit (I wasn't able to boot the CCD), I had to build the latest from HEAD. Then I installed the QHY firmware files, udev rules and shared libraries (not the SDK's fxload) from the QHY Linux repo, but using version 1.0.2 instead of 1.0.8, which seems to support 32-bit computers - only today I saw that the current repo only contains version qhyccdsdk-1.0.8-Linux-Debian-x86_64.tar.gz. SDK version 1.0.2 is also a version pretty close to the one used in the commit I compiled (1.0.1). Note that I had to install the QHY SDK after building and installing the INDI sources, due to a strange make error (error code 2, I don't know what it means) occurred while compiling the QHY drivers. Everything installed fine. Rebooted and connected the camera, which now boots correctly every time, so the fxload is doing is job. However, when I started the INDI Web Manager and, using it, the indi_qhy_ccd service, another error occurred: the service is not able to find the camera, although it's ID in lsusb is 1618:0921 (see posts before, it indicates that everything is OK). Remote KStars shows the same error.
If a INDI developer thinks that I made a mistake while building I can provide further information.
Don't know what to say.@T-Studio do you know which version of libindi your Raspberry uses? It shouldn't be very old: the small computer worked fine before Xmas.
I'm doing other tests to get some logs.
Kind regards,
SB.

Edit: it wasn't able to get any log: my remote KStars isn't reporting any error (only that no QHY is found), so I'm not able to access the INDI Control Panel to get other information as described here . indi-web is not reporting errors even with --verbose. Just no QHY found.
6 years 3 months ago #22113

The old version of libindi that worked

1.5.0+r3494~201710221602~ubuntu16.04.1
6 years 3 months ago #22151

Thanks!
Since the INDI library I built didn't work, I removed it using
~$ sudo apt-get purge indi-full
~$ sudo apt-get autoremove && sudo apt-get clean && sudo apt-get autoclean
~/indi/build/3rdparty$ cat install_manifest.txt | xargs echo sudo rm | sh
~/indi/build/libindi$ cat install_manifest.txt | xargs echo sudo rm | sh
Then I looked at the oldest indi-full version available in the package manager
~$ apt-cache showpkg indi-full
Package: indi-full
Versions: 
1.4~201710281604~ubuntu16.04.1 (/var/lib/apt/lists/ppa.launchpad.net_mutlaqja_ppa_ubuntu_dists_xenial_main_binary-i386_Packages)
And installed it manually
~$ sudo apt-get install indi-full=1.4~201710281604~ubuntu16.04.1
Note that I've also tried installing the current release but it did't work, too and that the oldest release available may vary depending on the Ubuntu version. Unfortunately, the camera now works with 5...7 seconds exposures, but not with 3.5 seconds or 10+ s. No way to get an older version from the repo :(
~$ pkg-config --list-all | grep indi | awk '{print $1;}' | xargs -L1 pkg-config --modversion
Any idea? Does anyone know the commit that corresponds to version 1.5.0+r3494~201710221602~ubuntu16.04.1? Then
~/indi$ gitk --follow 3rdparty/libqhy
~/indi$ gitk --follow 3rdparty/indi_qhy
Will help us.
6 years 3 months ago #22164

Time to create page: 1.113 seconds