INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Atik 383L+ fails to complete exposure

• Thank you received: 1
Strange one this. I can use astrometry to align with this camera and also autofocus individually but when I switch to capturing images the camera does not complete any exposures.
I have to power off the camera and restart Kstars completely as I can't abort or disconnect and reconnect the camera from indi control panel once it's in this state.

Could it be that the align / autofocus modules are not releasing the camera somehow?

Thanks
6 years 2 months ago #22205

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 165
I have the same camera and haven't had that sort of problems, align, focus and capture all work in sequence. I use 1.26 version of the driver on amd64 Ubuntu 17.10 machine with INDI and KStars compiled from git and the only change I've made to the Atik configuration is to lower the buffer size from 24 to 8 megs to avoid locking up my SX guidecamera during image download from Atik.
6 years 2 months ago #22206

• Thank you received: 1
Hi,

Thanks for the tip. I'll give a try. Curious to know how these settings affect the camera downloads etc - also can anyone tell me what effect the timer threshold has (in the options tab)? I use a QHY5LII as a guide camera and have been having random issues with this configuration so it may also fix that as well.

Thanks - Martin
6 years 2 months ago #22207

• Thank you received: 165
I haven't noticed any practical effect on download times between those two values (and 8 is the default on Raspberry Pi), but previously my guide camera almost always stopped working if I was guiding during image download due to USB timeout. Timer threshold in my understanding controls whether the camera's internal or system timer is used to time the capture, so for short exposures camera's internal timer is used for accuracy and longer exposures use system timer, which might suffer from additional delays so the capture time might be a bit longer than specified. I haven't touched that myself and use both shorter and longer exposures without problems.
6 years 2 months ago #22208

Time to create page: 0.690 seconds