INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

i-Nova camera and Ubuntu Mate

• Thank you received: 0
I update Kstars, INDI and indi-inovaplx driver and test with my NBc-M inova camera and had a problem :
- I can connect the camera,
- I can start a capture and have the message "Exposure done, downloading image,
- but this message I repeated in loop but the end of downloading never arrive (see attachment).
To be sure to have a perfect configuration, I re-install every thing (Ubuntu Mate 16.04, Kstars, INDI and indi-inovaplx driver) and obtain the same result.
Philippe
6 years 2 months ago #22231
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12
Salut !
Pour avoir plus de chances d'avoir une réponse à ton problème, il faut essayer de fournir un maximum d'infos, les logs de débogage sont là pour ça.
- Il faut d'abord installer les paquets de débogage : comme tu as installé indi-inovaplx, installe indi-inovaplx-dbg. et tous les paquets en -dbg concernant ton matériel (plus kstars-bleeding-dbg et indi-dbg)
- Ensuite, Jasem a réalisé une vidéo pour expliquer comment utiliser les logs de débogage : How to submit KStars/INDI Logs .
Une fois les logs activés, essaie de reproduire le bug et envoie le résultat. Tu peux éventuellement faire une capture vidéo, je le fais parfois. vu mon niveau en anglais, mes vidéos sont parfois plus compréhensibles que mes mots...
Je ne pourrai pas t'aider plus, je suis un noob en informatique, mais j'espère t'avoir fait gagner du temps.

English :

Hello !
To have more chances of having an answer to your problem, try to provide a maximum of information, the debugging logs are there for that.
- You must first install debug packages: as you have installed indi-inovaplx, install indi-inovaplx-dbg. and all packages in -dbg about your hardware (plus kstars-bleeding-dbg and indi-dbg)
- Then, Jasem made a video to explain how to use the debugging logs: How to submit KStars/INDI Logs
Once the logs are activated, try to reproduce the bug and send the result. You can also take a video capture, I do it sometimes. given my level in english, my videos are sometimes more understandable than my (google) words ...
I will not be able to help you anymore, I am a noob in computer science, but I hope I have saved you time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Revellat
6 years 2 months ago #22235

I open this topic because the topic CCDs&DLSRs/inova-ccd has been closed. I think the reason was that I-Nova camera is OK with Linux Mint 18.2
The problem is that the I-Nova camera is KO with Ubuntu 16.4

Yesterday I update Kstars and try the camera with this last version : The result is that I cannot upload the image.
I add in attachment my test procedure an the log file which show warning when I try to capture an image.
Philippe
5 years 11 months ago #24745
Attachments:

I update Kstars and try it again with my i Nova NBc-M camera using the device manager (I am using Ubuntu Mate). :
- no problem with the connection,
- but in "infos image" tag most of the values are not correct : max width = 0 instead of 1280, max height = 0 instead of 1024 and bits by pixel = 16 instead of 10
- it is impossible to change this values.
5 years 10 months ago #25667
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 27
Was anyone able to get this camera working?
5 years 3 months ago #32507

No, I think that nobody has succeed using i-Nova camera with INDI and KSTARS. I have been active on this forum (see an old topic on the same subject) but without success. At a certain period it was quite OK but after every thing goes wrong.

I don't hope to have i-Nova camera working with KSTARS. I Think that the INDI's team is not interested in i-Nova Camera.
i_Nova camera have also software problem working with windows 10.
The result is that I use i-Nova caméra only for guiding with PHD2 under Windows!!

Philippe
5 years 3 months ago #32516

If there an updated SDK? If the SDK is not working, we can't do much.
5 years 3 months ago #32521

• Thank you received: 420
The only thing I could find with a very quick search is this

sourceforge-net.ab-archive.net/software/...i-nova-plx-ccds.html

Not sure if that's helpful at all though...

Wouter
5 years 3 months ago #32522

Time to create page: 0.735 seconds