INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Dark frames - some with overscan, others without?

• Thank you received: 20
I captured some dark frames in two sets across two days. I noticed that the frames from the first day do not match the frames from the second day. The frames from the first day don't show any overscan area, and are 4500x3600. The frames from the second day are also 4500x3600 but appear to have a margin at the top of 51 pixels and at the left of 76 pixels. I presume this is the overscan area. This is how I've seen most of my images when captured with Ekos - with the margin. If I remove the margin in pixinsight, the hot pixels in both sets of subs line up. However, this leaves the second set with missing areas of pixels at the bottom and right side of the image. FITS headers look identical save for the timestamp and filter assignment. I have not seen this behavior with TheSkyX.

I have no idea what changed, or how to ensure this won't happen periodically. Logs don't show anything interesting but I didn't have debug on for the ccd.

My camera is an FLI ML16200. I'm running a build of Ekos from the git repository on Xenial, and the indiserver from git as well. It is possible that one set was running the git version of indi and the other was running from the PPA. I see no settings specific to overscan areas in the indi manager.

Any ideas?
6 years 1 month ago #23130

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds