INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

spc900 as guide, I can strem video but not capture for guiding

• Thank you received: 5
I plan to use webcam SPC900nc as a guide camera to a Az-Eq5 mount (EQmod) using Ekos internal guiding capabilities. Both devices were nicely configured and connected by INDI. From the INDI control panel in kstars, I can successfully stream video with the webcam but when I try to capture (Capture or Loop) a frame to choose the guiding star, Ekos/INDI fail in capturing the image.
The funnny thing is that 3 night before, when I first tried this, the guiding images appeared and I could even try some guiding.
I'm sending the prints of the INDI control panel (the relevant ones, I think) and the Ekos guiding panel.

Any help will be welcome.
6 years 1 month ago #23288

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
Hi,
I could not make webcam work in EKOS either, but in PHD2 works OK. Maybe you can try it too. Start server and then PHD2.
It is also possible to run drivers from comand line: indiserver indi_v4l2_ ccd (and your mount driver here), so you don't need to run EKOS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fausto Barbosa
6 years 1 month ago #23300

I'll definitely try guiding with PHD2. Thank you for the idea.

Anyway, I keep puzzled about the fact that the camera's first test in ekos guiding module worked. The next night (three nights after), it stopped working. There was only one different thing I did: I connected my DSLR in INDI by the first time. When I tried to obtain a capture to test the connection (still using the INDI control panel controls), the capture went ok but the download of the frame crashed kstars. When I restarted kstars, I did not connected the DSLR anymore and tried guiding as three nights before but to no success as already mentioned. Maybe this crash had something to do with the webcam not guiding, maybe not. Already reinstalled kstars to no success. Maybe I did not removed some defective configuration file... I'll investigate more in the weekend and is nothing works, i'll go for PHD2.

Thanks again.
6 years 1 month ago #23306

Tomasz, I tried phd2 but to no success. PHD2 refuses to connect to the indi v4l2 camera instance. The mount connects flawlessly. Can you send me prints of your indi configuration panels?
In the indi control panel I can stream the video from the camera but when I close that window and tell PHD2 to connect it fails.
6 years 1 month ago #23361

• Thank you received: 1
What I do is following:
in terminal window: indiserver indi_ardust4 indi_v4l2_ccd
(both mount driver and camera must be run in one command) don't close this window
start phd2 and connect, choose Camera: Indi Camera and click icon with wrench (Camera setup)
Host name localhost
Port 7624
Diver choose V4L2 CCd
Dual: Main
Port: /dev/video0 (you need to check if it is coorrect)
click ok and connect
then next to brain icon camera settings and indi options opens start streaming
in PHD2 click loop
6 years 1 month ago #23371

• Thank you received: 104
You need to compile phd2 from today git to make the webcam to work.
See: www.indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/3078-v4...-property.html#23384
6 years 1 month ago #23387

Time to create page: 0.727 seconds