INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY5LIIC not connecting to INDI on OSX

• Thank you received: 0
Evidentally, not. Are there any log files that would be helpful with figuring out what is going on. I'd be happy to send them to whomever is doing the development/debuging on this.
6 years 13 hours ago #24588

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809
Well I have an idea for you if you want to try an experiment. If you run the indi server from the command line with the qhy driver, you could experiment with the firmware path and see if it loads the firmware properly I don't have a qhy camera so cannot try this anytime soon. I can post the steps required if you like.
6 years 13 hours ago #24590

6 years 13 hours ago #24591

Go to the OS X Terminal.

Type the following to get into the KStars indiserver folder:

cd /Applications/kstars.app/Contents/MacOS/indi

Connect your camera and turn it on

Then type this command to startup the indiserver with qhy from the command line with very verbose logging:

./indiserver -vvv ./indi_qhy_ccd

Then in KStars make sure you have setup a profile with qhy as the CCD in mode "remote" but with "localhost" as the host.

Try to Start INDI and connect the device. See what happens.

If it doesn't work, or has the wrong path to the firmware (probably, since you did not start it from KStars and it wasn't given the environment variable INDIPrefix), try all this again, but we will tell it where to find the firmware. Do an export command before starting the INDIServer like this:

export INDIPREFIX="/Applications/kstars.app"

Then run the above procedure again.
6 years 13 hours ago #24592

Still didn't work. Immediately when I started the INDI server it gave me this:

2018-03-28T01:34:07: startup: ./indiserver -vvv ./indi_qhy_ccd
2018-03-28T01:34:07: Driver ./indi_qhy_ccd: pid=3410 rfd=3 wfd=6 efd=7
2018-03-28T01:34:07: listening to port 7624 on fd 4
2018-03-28T01:34:07: Driver ./indi_qhy_ccd: sending msg copy 1 nq 1:
<getProperties version='1.7'/>

2018-03-28T01:34:07: Driver ./indi_qhy_ccd: QHY firmware path: /Applications/kstars.app/Contents/Resources/DriverSupport/qhy
2018-03-28T01:34:07: Driver ./indi_qhy_ccd: read message 'No QHY cameras detected. Power on?'
6 years 13 hours ago #24595

You also might want to try starting the INDIServer and then connecting the camera, so the same steps, but in a different order and see if that helps
6 years 13 hours ago #24596

The firmware path printed out matched the qhy firmware path for the files on your computer right?
6 years 13 hours ago #24597

That didn't do it either. I don't think it's loading the firmware. I noticed that as soon as PHD connects the red light on the back of the camera comes on, and stays on till the camera is unplugged. It never comes on at all when I try to operate the camera via INDI.
6 years 13 hours ago #24598

Yes, the firmware path matches.
6 years 12 hours ago #24599

One more thing you might try. Try putting the files in the /Contents/Resources/DriverSupport/qhy folder into a subfolder called firmware, which would give you the full path: /Contents/Resources/DriverSupport/qhy/firmware
Last edit: 6 years 12 hours ago by Rob Lancaster.
6 years 12 hours ago #24600

PROGRESS!!! :) :) :)

It still doesn't work from KStars directly. However, when I run indiserver from the command line and then connect to the server as a remote at localhost it works.

When I open another bash shell window that hasn't had the INDIPREFIX variable set it still doesn't work. So I suspect that is the key. There was a time when I knew which of my /etc files to add that to but I guess we'll have to cut a corner off my nerd card because I can't remember.
6 years 12 hours ago #24601

ok then that means the QHY code probably wants the firmware to be in a subfolder called "firmware" of the folder passed to it in this method: OSXInitQHYCCDFirmware. So in KStars we set the environment variable to the same path I told you to export. So If you moved the firmware to a folder that works just fine in the command line, I would expect it to work in KStars too. . .

Another way to do this is in KStars, under the Tools menu, under "Devices" there is device manager. Try selecting the QHY CCD and clicking "Run Service"

But if it does need to be in that subfolder, then we will make sure in the next release of KStars it is in that subfolder instead.
6 years 12 hours ago #24602

Time to create page: 0.854 seconds