INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI GPhoto Driver v2.0

Use Pentax.

I think I finally understand why you see the ghost images, it's because you abort capture, but the image is still getting saved to the camera so that next time you capture, this is what you get. So it seems on abort I should delete all the images, will try to do this tonight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teseo, Tom
5 years 11 months ago #25200

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 15

Replied by Tom on topic INDI GPhoto Driver v2.0

Thank you, Jasem
5 years 11 months ago #25203

I just fixed the "ghost" image problem. It was just an undeleted image from abort. Should be in the nightly PPA for testing.
5 years 11 months ago #25216

• Thank you received: 160

Replied by Alfred on topic INDI GPhoto Driver v2.0

Jasem, I installed the nightlies a few minutes ago. I still get ghost pictures in both gphoto and canon drivers. The good news is the liveview issue appears to be solved!
5 years 11 months ago #25222

Please make sure you are indeed using the latest stuff! Try to git pull again and do a clean build and install. Enable logging, and if it fails, attach the log
5 years 11 months ago #25225

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic INDI GPhoto Driver v2.0

Jasem Please avoid this nuclear option. I have files stored on the SD card that I need for Magic Lantern software mods I use to work.
5 years 11 months ago #25247

I already reverted back this when I found out the actual reason for the left-over images due to abort.
5 years 11 months ago #25250

• Thank you received: 19
OMG i found this thread by coincidence, but i had this yesterday too. I was trying to solve, and testet ON THE CAMS DISPLY before and jupiter was shown. Then i started Solve&sync, the cam took a picture, and it was NOT jupiter on... So i thought WTF? and then solver timed out, took new picture and there jupiter was.
Also i recogniced that often, when starting indi, i get the message, that ccd driver crashed, though the cam is online and works... Strange...

Edit: Now that i know, that the Abort will cause this effect, i can count with it. I just will not abort, ´till this is fixed.
another point of yesterdays session fixed :-)

cheers, niki
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by the.cakemaker.
5 years 11 months ago #25265

Thanks, Jasem. After the latest update there are no ghost pictures anymore. liveview and ghost pictures solved! Unfortunately there is another issue with this driver.

Make sure mirror lock is activated in the camera's settings
Set mirror-lock to 2s in indi
Add a 1,5s exposure to the sequence.
activate the sequence.

Occasionally what happens is this: You can hear the mirror go up, 2s of silence, then the shutter being opened but immediately (significantly less than 1,5s) after that the shutter being closed. Consequently the picture is too dark.

To get logs I did take 5 pictures. Pictures 1 and 5 experienced the problem, pictures 2,3 and 4 were OK. Between these I did nothing but press the + button adding another 1,5s picture to the sequence and activate it. It appears to me these short exposures happen randomly. I'd guess between 20%-40% of the pictures taken are affected by this issue. Earlier today I did the same test with 4 exposures. In this case every other photo taken was affected.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Alfred.
5 years 11 months ago #25269
Attachments:

Thanks, I believe I just fixed this issue just now in GIT. The exposure time was not taking mirror lock in the count down which could lead to interesting issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfred, Teseo
5 years 11 months ago #25322

Pulled git.

What now happens is this: I choose 5s for exposure, add to sequence, start sequence...

1. mirror will go up but no counter is shown
2. after 2s counter appears and starts counting like this: 5 6 5 4 3 2 1
the shutter is opened at "first 5" and closed at "2"

so the exposure time is 5s indeed but I think this is not what was intended.
The wait time of 2s is nowhere shown.

If I choose 1,5s for exposure, add to sequence, start sequence...

1. mirror will go up, no counter
2. after 2s counter shows 1,5s and counts like this: 1,5 2,5 1,5 0,5
Unfortunately the old error appears again. Every other photo's exposure time is too short. Attached is a logfile where I have taken 3 photos at 1,5s each. Photos 1 and 3 are "shorts" (shutter closed immediately after being opened) while No. 2 was OK.
5 years 11 months ago #25327
Attachments:

Please git pull and test again.
5 years 11 months ago #25328

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds