INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ZWO ASI 120MM-S Not Working From StellarMate

• Thank you received: 11
Hi,

I'm not having any luck getting my ZWO 120MM-S working from Linux (using the StellarMate). It works just from from local mode on EKOS my Mac, but not when using it to connect to EKOS running on the StellarMate. So I'm sure its not the camera.

What it does is you take a preview shot of say 1-2 seconds and it just does the count down over and over and over again and never takes an actual shot. The camera is recognised. I have a ZWO 1600MC cool attached and that is working OK, including driving the cooler.

Any idea why the 120MM-S is not working on StellarMate/Linux???

Thanks in advance, Craig
5 years 10 months ago #25842
The topic has been locked.
ASI 120mm needs to be flashed first.
5 years 10 months ago #25846
  • Thank you received: 420
If it is an ASI120MM-S then it is USB3 and it should work on Linux. If it is an ASI120MM then it is USB2 and needs to be flashed. I use my ASI120MC-S (USB3 color version) all the time. I am not using StellarMate though so I cannot be of help there.

CS, Wouter
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Wouter van Reeven.
5 years 10 months ago #25849
Actually, I think the problem was completely not related to ZWO. When Ekos starts a new remote profile using INDI/StellarMate web manager, it defines both the CCD & Guider regardless whether they're "Multiple-Device-Per-Driver" type or not (MDPD). For MDPD drivers, only _one_ instance should be defined. I asked Craig to only defined it once for now as I just fixed this issue in KStars GIT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
5 years 10 months ago #25853
  • Thank you received: 11
That was indeed the issue, thanks Jasem.

I've now gone back and in EKOS only selected ZWO once, for the main imaging camera. Once I then pressed "Start INDI" in EKOS, the guider automatically appeared and I was able to take a test image with the 120MM-S.

Thanks folks.
5 years 10 months ago #25855
Time to create page: 0.693 seconds