INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHYCCD 16200A Indi problem.

• Thank you received: 8
I would like to share my experience with my attempts to get this to work.

Edit: Logs are attached.
Also I used the updater and downloaded the latest drivers from the repository. There were quite a few.

I have a QHY 16200A camera with 7 position filter wheel. I have ubuntu-mate running on three devices. 1) Raspberry Pi 3b+, 2) Odroid xu4 and 3) a fanless PC called the Minix Neo Z83-4. All three devices behave identically with regards to the camera in question.

A link to the camera driver on their website is as follows: www.qhyccd.com/IC16200A.html (scroll half way to the bottom). There is a linux driver there: www.qhyccd.com/file/repository/latestSof...atestEdition.deb.zip

Here is a link to their forum where an SDK for Linux is available: qhyccd.com/bbs/index.php?board=21.0

Under Profile Editor I selected QHY CCD in the drop down. For mode I select "local"

Under Logs I select "Verbose" and "File" and under Ekos I checkbox "INDI", "Capture" and "fits"
I also checkbox "CCD" and "Filter wheel"

I then "start INDI" and it shows QHY CCD 16200A-M-0097e3 in the tab.
I am presented with three tabs under. Main Control, General Info, Options.

Under OPTIONS I do the following:
Polling I leave default at 1000ms. I click the "set" button.
Debug is enabled. I leave it alone.
Under simulation it is disabled. the bubble is white. I click on disabled again and it turns green.
I skip config for now
Under snoop devices I leave them alone. Next to filter it shows the same details of my camera I mentioned before.
the bubble is green so I leave it alone.
Under debug levels everything is checked except Driver debug, alignment subsystem and to log file so I check all of them.

The diaglog box below says the following as of now:

2018-05-20T16:14:31: [INFO] Session log file /home/micron/.indi/logs/2018-05-20/indi_qhy_ccd/indi_qhy_ccd_16:10:28.log
2018-05-20T16:10:28:[INFO] Debug is enabled

I now go up to configuration and click "save"
The bubble turned green

Under general info it shows driver info.

Name: QHY CCD
Exec: indi_qhy_ccd
Version: 1.8
Interface: 22

Back to the main control tab:

I click connect. The dialog window displays the following:
(time/date): [INFO] Connected to 16200A-M-0097e310c57db439.

Nothing happens. The bubble is yellow. I wait a few minutes. Still nothing.

I click the disconnect button. Suddenly the main control window is populated with information.

The connection button is green.
The "connect" button is selected (but I had clicked disconnect??)

Expose is white
Temp is white but working. I can see the camera temp. Right now it is .02 and falling. Default set is 0.00

Cooler is selected

Cooling power is yellow. Currently says +23.92%

USB speed is white. Default is 1. There are only two options. 1 and 0. I click "SET" and the bubble turns green.

Gain defaulted to 0. I select "1" and click set. The bubble turns from white to green.

Offset is 140. This is correct. I click set and the bubble turns from white to green.

I go back to temp and click set because the bubble was white. So now it is green.

But after the camera connected (after I clicked disconnect) I now have more tabs.

Under image settings tab:
The frame bubble is white. The boxes are left=0, right =0, width = 5120, height=3696.
The boxes to the right are all zero. So if I click SET it will make the bubble red. Which I did! Darnit now I have to re-enter the values. I do so and hit set. Now the bubble is green.

Binning is default 1 x 1. I change this to 2 x 2 and click set. Bubble for binning is now green.

Image type is default raw. I click raw and image bubble is now green.

Frame type: Light is default. I click on light and bubble is green.

Image Info Tab:

Max. Width 5120
Max. Height 3696
Pixel size um: 6.00
X: 6
Y: 6
Bits per pixel: 16

Nothing I can do to make the bubble turn green. It is white.

Image Data box says INDI DATA STREAM. I don't know what to do with that. There is a checkmark. Hovering over it I get a pop-up help that says it enables binary transfer to kstars. I am not sure if I should leave this checked (default) or uncheck it.

WCS tab:

Default is disable. Bubble is white. I click on disable and it turns green. No idea what WCS is. Mouse over does not pop up a helper.

Streaming tab: I click the default (stream off) and leave the rest alone. This is a CCD camera and it does NOT do streaming.
NOTE: when clicking Stream Off button the bubble very quickly flashes yellow but goes back to white.

Filter Wheel tab:

Filters are mis-labeled by an insane person. Who makes filter #8 a luminance filter and not filter #1? Regardless it doesn't matter for this experiment so I just click "set"
ERROR
The filter bubble went red.
2018-05-20T16:35:16:[ERROR] Error updating names of filters.

Maybe I need to change them to remove the error.
I change them and click set. Still get the same error.

Regardless I select the default of filter one and click "set".
I can NOT hear the filter wheel moving but after a shot period of time filter slot bubble turns green.

I go all the way back to OPTIONS TAB
and I click save configuration.

Now back to Main Control. I set the duration in Seconds for the exposure to 10 seconds. I click "SET"
I can hear the shutter on the camera click

I can hear it click again to close the shutter.
I see an error message pop-up on my screen.

Information---Kstars
Kstars detected INDI driver indi_qhy_ccd crashed. Please check INDI server log in the Device Manager

At this point my camera is locked up and can not be used or detected again without a power cycle.

I close the window, disconnect the camera using button only it refuses do do anything. Disconnect doesn't work.
I manually turn off my camera. That seems to work except it pops up a second QHYCCD window now. Now it says QHY CCD 16200A-M-010104

So strange.

I close out everything.

Turn camera off again.

Reboot the computer

Turn camera on. Re-launch ekos

Start indi. Connect camera. I click it several times. Nothing happens. I click disconnect and it connects... Same as before.

First thing I check is the filter wheel. It shows the updated names I selected. I don't dare click set so I leave it alone.

I go back to main control.

I enter 10 seconds into duration. I click set. I can hear shutter open. 10 seconds goes by, message pops up again saying driver crashed.

Now I want to try one thing and remove the checkbox from kstars

I again have to turn off the camera to make it disconnect from ekos.

I close everything down and reboot

I turn the camera back on and restart kstars

I click "disconnect" to get it to connect. (shaking my head)

I open the Image Info tab

I uncheck the box on Image data = INDI DATA STREAM = enable binary transfer from this property to kstars and visa-versa.

I go to options and save configuration.

I go back to main control and set exposure duration to 10 seconds and click set.
I hear the shutter open.

Yet again I get that pop up message that the driver crashed.

Attached the log file.

Please help!
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Micheal Fields.
5 years 10 months ago #26132
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Try to run qhy_ccd_test and see if that works or has problems.
5 years 10 months ago #26145

Crashed.

micron@micron-Z83-4:~$ qhy_ccd_test
QHY Test CCD using SingleFrameMode, Version: 1.00
SDK resources initialized.
Number of QHYCCD cameras found: 1
Application connected to the following camera from the list: Index: 1, cameraID = 16200A-M-0097e3105c57db439
Open QHYCCD success.
SetQHYCCDStreamMode set to: 0, success.

here it threw up a crash warning

Sorry, the application qhy_ccd_test has stopped unexpectedly
There are details in a crash report but I can not copy / paste them.
5 years 10 months ago #26146

Ok will have another QHY SDK release in about 3-4 days, so stay tuned.
5 years 10 months ago #26158

Update?

I have the latest install and still doesn't work.
5 years 9 months ago #26337

Doesn't work as in crashes or something else? QHY SDK is 2.0.4?
5 years 9 months ago #26353

Identical issue as before. Upon taking an exposure and downloading data the driver crashes.
5 years 9 months ago #26354

On what OS are you on? Are you sure you upgraded to latest INDI release? Any logs?
5 years 9 months ago #26357

Well since I started with a clean slate I am sure I have the latest release. I have 18.04 TS ubuntu-mate forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?t=30888&p=225146

Honestly I am not interested in continuing to test and take logs at this point. I bought Stellarmate from you (the image) but that doesn't work either on my Pi3b. I'll try back in a year and see how things are going. For now I am back to Win10.
5 years 9 months ago #26419

I understand. It's an issue with the QHY SDK. I contacted QHY again to see what they have to say about this.
5 years 9 months ago #26428

Time to create page: 0.906 seconds