INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Issues with Orion Starshoot AutoGuider

• Thank you received: 226
I encountered issues with an Orion Starshoot AutoGuider where I could not take images after an aborted capture. Aborted capture includes these scenarios: Cancelling an image, stopping a loop of exposure, stopping autoguiding.
The Starshoot Autoguider works with the QHY CCD driver. It will report [ERROR] GetQHYCCDSingleFrame error (-1) when the problem arises.
I have repeated the issue to produce the following log as logs from my night out are quite large.
5 years 9 months ago #26650
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Has anyone with this guide camera seen this before? What can be done about it?
5 years 9 months ago #26743

• Thank you received: 809
I have seen that happen before with a StarShoot. It is pretty annoying. My solution was to just restart the qhy driver if the issue happens.

I am planning to experiment with one in the near future though, so I can try to see what the problem is if I can reliably reproduce it.

Thanks,

Rob
5 years 9 months ago #26744

I have a friend who might loan one to me next week if I remember to ask him.
5 years 9 months ago #26745

Thank you. I should have included that I could only recover the driver by restarting the all of INDI, not just the one driver.
5 years 9 months ago #26746

Unfortunately, I asked my friend today and he just told me he sold the camera due to the issues with it and got a ZWO. So I will try asking around more.
5 years 9 months ago #26768

As we have not come to a resolution if this issue, I have taken some additional logs that might help.
The log will show:
  1. a successfully completed 1 second preview exposure
  2. an aborted 10 second preview exposure
  3. a failed 10 second preview exposure
  4. 2 further exposure attempts
5 years 8 months ago #27240
Attachments:

I had an excellent session last night. Everything worked flawlessly. Although this issue with the Orion Star Shoot Autoguider remains.
I can avoid this issue for the most part by not aborting an exposure. But I have no such control when I stop a looping exposure such as in: The final steps of Polar alignment routine, Framing the camera.
Sometimes I am fortunate, and I stop it at the right moment between exposures. But usually I'm not so lucky and I must restart the INDI server.

As a workaround, could it be made so that stopping a loop of repeat exposures will wait for the current exposure to complete rather that abort? That would effectively eliminate the most common occurrence of this fault for me.

Thank you.
5 years 8 months ago #27649

Time to create page: 0.610 seconds