Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
14 Nov 2018
Glad to announce of release of INDI Library v1.7.5 on 2018-11-14. A few drivers were added in this release as we continue to improve & stabilize existing drivers.
Read More...

TOPIC: Wrong exposure times with Canon DSLR?

Wrong exposure times with Canon DSLR? 4 months 2 weeks ago #26924

I had Drivers CCD enabled, screenshot attached. Please let me know, if I should enable anything else than in the picture.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Skywatcher Newton 200/1000 on EQ6-R
Skywatcher Mak 105/1300 on AZ GTi
StellarMate @ Raspberry Pi 3B+
ASI 290 MC guiding cam on APM 60 ImageMaster
Canon 7D DSLR or ASI 183 MC Pro

Wrong exposure times with Canon DSLR? 4 months 2 weeks ago #26926

knro wrote: Under Options ---> Debug Levels, make sure "Driver Debug" is checked and then click "Save" in configuration. Then restart KStars and try to connect again, I think this is the problem of the complete debug log not showing up.

For whatever reason I can't do that. In INDI/Canon DSLR/Options there is a switch called Debug but once I click at Enable it is immediately reset to Disable. How can I change that?
Attachments:

Last Edit: by Herrhausen.

Wrong exposure times with Canon DSLR? 4 months 2 weeks ago #26927

Ok, never mind, got it. Logging must be enabled first in order to have that button functional.

Wrong exposure times with Canon DSLR? 4 months 2 weeks ago #26928

Here is the new logfile.
Attachments:

Wrong exposure times with Canon DSLR? 4 months 2 weeks ago #26929

One last comment... the exposure value changes to 0,010 by itself after taking the 0,001s photo, indeed. However, it does not change from 0,500 to 0,050 as I had said. My fault.

Wrong exposure times with Canon DSLR? 4 months 2 weeks ago #26930

So from the log file you problem is here:
[2018-06-29T14:44:38.124 CEST DEBG ][           org.kde.kstars.indi] - Canon DSLR EOS 5D Mark II : "[DEBUG] Parsing shutter speed #0: bulb "
[2018-06-29T14:44:38.124 CEST DEBG ][           org.kde.kstars.indi] - Canon DSLR EOS 5D Mark II : "[DEBUG] exposure[0]= BULB "
[2018-06-29T14:44:38.124 CEST DEBG ][           org.kde.kstars.indi] - Canon DSLR EOS 5D Mark II : "[DEBUG] Exposure Widget: shutterspeed "
[2018-06-29T14:44:38.124 CEST DEBG ][           org.kde.kstars.indi] - Canon DSLR EOS 5D Mark II : "[DEBUG] *   0: bulb "
[2018-06-29T14:44:38.124 CEST DEBG ][           org.kde.kstars.indi] - Canon DSLR EOS 5D Mark II : "[DEBUG] Image Format Widget: imageformat "
[2018-06-29T14:44:38.124 CEST DEBG ][           org.kde.kstars.indi] - Canon DSLR EOS 5D Mark II : "[DEBUG] ISO Widget: iso "
[2018-06-29T14:44:38.124 CEST DEBG ][           org.kde.kstars.indi] - Canon DSLR EOS 5D Mark II : "[DEBUG] Finding bulb widget... "
[2018-06-29T14:44:38.124 CEST DEBG ][           org.kde.kstars.indi] - Canon DSLR EOS 5D Mark II : "[DEBUG] Bulb Widget: eosremoterelease "

shutterspeed has only one member (bulb), where in my case (Canon 600D), it also lists all the exposure values down to 1/4000. I'm not sure why this is case for your? Maybe you need to change the dial position on the camera? I put mine to manual and then select blob in the menu.

At any rate, I added another check so that if there is only one option in shutterspeed then it falls back to bulb in case for short exposures as well. The updated build should be available tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Herrhausen

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

Wrong exposure times with Canon DSLR? 4 months 2 weeks ago #26931

knro wrote: shutterspeed has only one member (bulb), where in my case (Canon 600D), it also lists all the exposure values down to 1/4000. I'm not sure why this is case for your? Maybe you need to change the dial position on the camera? I put mine to manual and then select blob in the menu.

I see. With the 5D Mk2 there is no "bulb" within manual mode. It's just 1/8000s up to 30s. Bulb is a separate dial position. I'm looking forward to testing the new build.

Wrong exposure times with Canon DSLR? 4 months 2 weeks ago #26932

Hmmm. Can you test again with manual mode and attach the log? I'm curious to see if it returns shutterspeed list

Jasem Mutlaq

Wrong exposure times with Canon DSLR? 4 months 2 weeks ago #26934

You genious! This makes quite a difference. It does 0,000125s shots now. The next stop is 0,010000s. There are quite a few missing in between but other than that the whole thing does work correctly now, at least at first sight. I'll check it out in greater detail...
Attachments:

Wrong exposure times with Canon DSLR? 4 months 2 weeks ago #26935

Great! The only downside to this is that it is limited to 30 seconds (Manual Mode). So if you want 30+, you have to switch to Bulb mode. But if you change from Manual <--> Bulb, you must disconnect/reconnect the driver. At any rate, I think you can live with that.

Jasem Mutlaq

Wrong exposure times with Canon DSLR? 4 months 2 weeks ago #26936

I tested photos at all exposure times available in the GUI. All off them appear to be exposed correctly! For very short exposures the file name isn't long enough.
Attachments:

Wrong exposure times with Canon DSLR? 4 months 2 weeks ago #26937

knro wrote: Great! The only downside to this is that it is limited to 30 seconds (Manual Mode). So if you want 30+, you have to switch to Bulb mode. But if you change from Manual <--> Bulb, you must disconnect/reconnect the driver. At any rate, I think you can live with that.

Yeah, I'm perfectly happy with it!

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica