INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Connection fails for ZWOptical camera

• Thank you received: 3
May I ask you to run:

strace -ff -o dbg indiserver -v indi_asi_ccd

and then do the operations from ekos as usual (configured not to start indiserver itself but connecting to an already existing one of course)?

Then just send me the resulting files dbg.* (in the same directory where you run the command).

Thanks!
9 years 8 months ago #1743

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 11
Here are the requested debug files. I hope you can see more inside them as I can. ;)

BTW: Even the cam simulator mode does not work. I get a yellow light and that's all. Looks like the driver doesn't receive any commands. Tha same holds for Debug switch, only the light turns yellow.
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Klaus.
9 years 8 months ago #1745
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 3
Hi, sorry for the late response. I checked the debug output and I don't see anything wrong. The enumeration is OK but then I don't see any other activity that should be expected (I compared the output with that on my (working) machine: next it comes an open of a file under /proc/usb and afterwards many ioctls with SUBMITURB and similar codes). The only strange thing that happened to me (on Debian Jessie of kstars/EKOS I'm using for testing) is that, just once, after connecting the additional tabs in the EKOS dialog haven't showed up (even if main tab was saying "connected"). But after I disconnected and reconnected everything was in place. I suspect just a minor UI glitch.

Having the test environment in place I updated to the latest drivers available from ZWO Optics page. I tested them on all archs I own (i386, amd64 and armel) before commiting.
9 years 7 months ago #1789

Meanwhile I checked out my SBIG CCD and this one does not connect either! So, it looks like my system doesn't like cameras. :(

On the other hand, indi connects well to my mount using indi-eqmod. The difference may be that indi-eqmod just sends commands over the serial port with no 3rd party driver involved. The cams use low level drivers from SBIG and ZWOptical. Both cams performed well on my old 32bit system but fail on my 64bit system. Or is it my change from hard disk to SSD? I don't know.
Anyway, I'll be on vacation for roughly two weeks starting saturday. I can read the forum but cannot test any suggestions.

CS
Klaus
9 years 7 months ago #1796

Hello,

back from vacation I've got all the INDI packages anew from ppa. Now both SBIG and ASI cams connect well. :cheer: Seems like this issue is now fixed and now I hope that I can check it all out in a starry night soon.

CS
Klaus
9 years 7 months ago #1866

Time to create page: 0.667 seconds