INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY broken with new release (indi-1.7.4), kstars/ekos (2.9.7)

• Thank you received: 420
I tried again on my MacBook and there is a difference there compared to the Odroid. When I try to change filters on the Odroid I see the red led light up and that indicates the first slot. However, when I do this on Mac I see the colour light up for the correct slot, e.g. blue for 2, green for 3 etc.

Anyway, I grabbed logs on both Mac and Odroid doing the same thing: start INDI and then changing the filter from 1 (Red) to 2 (Blue). It worked on Mac and not on Odroid. The logs look similar to me and don't provide info on the difference between the two but maybe I am overlooking something. Please let me know if I can do more tests.
5 years 6 months ago #30255
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 223
I have a QHY5, plugged in to my Odroid C1, all is fully up-to-date (full reinstall of system 2 days ago...) and I must say that the QHY5 isn't behaving correctly.
It does tend to lock up and I get the following message:
2018-10-13T19:09:11: [ERROR] GetQHYCCDSingleFrame error (-1)

To unlock, I need to park the mount (just to be sure I can restart from the same location), stop indi drivers and start again.
Only then I can use the QHY5 again, until the next random lockup...
5 years 6 months ago #30381

• Thank you received: 226
Gonzothegreat. I've had an issue with the Orion SSAG using the QHY driver that causes the camera to lockup if the image capture is aborted. Likewise I have to restart the indi drivers to fix it.
5 years 6 months ago #30388

5 years 6 months ago #30396

I can confirm that on armhf systems, QHY library has linking issues. Still investigating...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gonzothegreat, Jerry Black
5 years 6 months ago #30413

• Thank you received: 161
Gonzo, I've had issues with my QHY5 for a looong time. It did work perfectly years ago with an old driver called qhy-old until it has been removed. My QHY5 didn't behave reasonably ever since. Lock-ups, no video, all sorts of weird issues. Finally, I bought a cam from a different manufacturer and had no issues anymore. Now I read you have lock-ups like I had many moons ago. This IMO is just ridiculous. They don't get their act together as far as software is concerned and I can't see how something like this is going to survive in the market longer term.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Alfred.
5 years 6 months ago #30457

• Thank you received: 69
May i ask which camera you chose to replace it?
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Jerry Black.
5 years 6 months ago #30459

• Thank you received: 161
I bought an ASI camera and my impression was such that I bought another one a few weeks later. It's a 294 Pro for deep sky and a 294 for guiding. The 294 definitely is overkill for guiding but on the other side you'll never ever again struggle to find a guide star. Never! With Indi/Ekos I have never experienced ANY issues with any of these cameras. My QHY5 has disappeared in the bottom drawer. You can have it for 20 Euros, seriously.
5 years 6 months ago #30461

I agree that in the past, I had no issues with the QHY5 but now it's a different story. Thinking about selling it really, will replace it with a Zwo camera. Maybe for Christmas.
Do not want to be let down in my automation due to the QHY5.
5 years 6 months ago #30467

Appears QHY reintroduced a bug that was fixed in an earlier SDK, so I contacted them for a fix. Stay tuned.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gonzothegreat, Andrew, Wouter van Reeven, Jerry Black
5 years 6 months ago #30468

There is a new QHYSDK release now that should fix this issue. It's in GIT now and should land in nightly later.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gonzothegreat, Wouter van Reeven, Jerry Black
5 years 6 months ago #30508

• Thank you received: 226
Will this fix the issues with the camera becoming unresponsive when capture is aborted, or is this going to fix the issues with it crashing while connecting to the driver in the first place?
Both are issues, the former was pre-existing, the latter only appeared recently.
5 years 6 months ago #30521

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds