INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Newbie problems with zWO 120MM guiding

• Thank you received: 0
i'm just getting into astronomy again and have a Skywatcher Evostar ED80 with Skywatcher Evoguide ED50 (on HEQ5 mount) and a ZWO 120MM CCD to use for guiding.

I am using a Raspberry Pi 3B as the 'remote' controller for this set up. I have used the rlancaste script to set up AstroPi3 and it all seems to work with the exception of the CCD. Using PHD2 directly on the Pi I can connect to mount and guider and can control the scope position with KStars without any problem I am wanting to use PHD2 for guiding. Without Kstars running I start up PHD2 on the Pi and get the first light start up process. I select the camera, it asks if it is connected (it is) and it gets the pixel size automatically. I continue and select On-Camera for the connection (using ST4 port on camera connected to HEQ5). I continue not selecting Aux Mount or Ao and it prompts for a profile name - I give it one and allow it to do a dark frame library. It tells me there is no compatible dark frame library and I press start to generate one, I cover the CCD/guide scope and continue. A very short while later the PHD2 screen disappears and that is it.

The 120MM works when connected to a Windows system.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get beyond this point please?
5 years 6 months ago #29101

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
If it is an ASI120MC USB2 camera then it won't work with Linux unless you flash the firmware. Please search this forum because this topic was covered before.

Cheers, Wouter
5 years 6 months ago #29107

• Thank you received: 0
many thanks - found firmware and is now working as it should (as far as i can tell!!)

Phil
5 years 6 months ago #29112

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds