INDI Library v1.8.6 Released (21 Aug 2020)

August 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.6 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

ASI 120MM no longer working together with EQMod

2 years 1 month ago
Ihoujin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
ASI 120MM no longer working together with EQMod #29255
I have not had a good experience with the ASI 120MM on Linux, even with compatibility firmware flashed to the camera. I can confirm it works better with exposures over 1s. But all too frequently I get corrupted image frames. I have even attempted a custom kernel with a modification to the USB driver core. I can not say if that works however because I have not resolved issues with installing the custom kernel.

If anybody is interested in attempting that here are the code changes to the file config.c found within the source files for USB core driver.
    j = maxpacket_maxes[usb_endpoint_type(&endpoint->desc)];

if (maxp > j) {
-      dev_warn(ddev, "config %d interface %d altsetting %d endpoint 0x%X has invalid maxpacket %d, setting to %d\n",
+      dev_warn(ddev, "config %d interface %d altsetting %d endpoint 0x%X has invalid maxpacket %d, setting to %d",
           cfgno, inum, asnum, d->bEndpointAddress, maxp, j);
+      #if 0
       maxp = j;
       endpoint->desc.wMaxPacketSize = cpu_to_le16(i | maxp);
+      #endif
    }

/*

Reference: bbs.astronomy-imaging-camera.com/viewtop...61fb0c61e9&start=10#

INDI/KStars on Raspberry Pi 4, 4gb
Raspbian Buster with AstroPi3 script configuration
Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro Mount
Canon 600D Camera
Orion SSAG/ASI120mm @280mm Guide Scope
PHD2
Adafruit Motor Hat shield
Adafruit GPS Module
Generic Bluetooth Joystick.
Startech 7 port powered USB Hub.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago
wvreeven
Supernova Explorer
Supernova Explorer
More
ASI 120MM no longer working together with EQMod #29276
I have the same experience. The ASI120MC never really worked for me even with the compatibility firmware installed. I created custom kernels in exactly the same way and managed to install them but gave up in the end due to system instabilities. I purchased an ASI120MC-S (USB3) and that has worked flawlessly for nearly a year now.

ASI6200 and filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro
ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.397 seconds