INDI Library v1.8.7 Released (21 Nov 2020)

Nov. 2020 Release brings significant improvements to streaming and recording videos. Support for new drivers including Estatto focuser and Pegasus falcon rotator.

SONY SLT-A55 not connecting to INDI

2 years 2 months ago
philpugh51
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
SONY SLT-A55 not connecting to INDI #29500
What do I need to do to initiate a debug of the Indi_sony_ccd driver? I don't see a debug option in the logs area.

Attached is log that had the following parameters set: Verbose/INDI/CCD/Capture.

Cheers

Phil
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago
knro
Administrator
Administrator
SONY SLT-A55 not connecting to INDI #29513
Debugging would require some extra steps. You need to start the driver from the terminal. Check here for details: www.indilib.org/forum/general/571-read-b...support-request.html

If you get stuck, send me your TeamViewer details in a private message and I can check it out later.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

2 years 2 months ago
philpugh51
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
SONY SLT-A55 not connecting to INDI #29516
OK - not sure I am doing this correctly!
Followed the post you referenced but couldn'y fing a indi_sony_ccd_dbg to install. I did install the indi_gphoto_dbg
From terminal ran: gdb --ex run --eval-command="set follow-fork-mode child" --args indiserver -v indi_sony_ccd
Then started KSTARS and set the debug option in the driver as per instructions - connected to camera and it crashed....
did a bt in gdb and copied the output. Attached are two files: the debug log file and a copy of the gdb output.

It's getting late so I will pick up tomorrow - thanks for any pointers
Attachments:

2 years 2 months ago
knro
Administrator
Administrator
SONY SLT-A55 not connecting to INDI #29517
Is this on Raspberry PI? if yes, you probably need to also install libc6-dbg package. The gdb doesn't show much. At any rate, I checked the code and found where it could possible crashed and fixed that. However, if the exposure widget you won't be to capture anything. If you figure out a way to do a capture with gphoto2 in the command line, let me know what command you used exactly.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

2 years 2 months ago
philpugh51
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
SONY SLT-A55 not connecting to INDI #29521
Looking at gphoto2 it would appear that the camera does not support "capture-image" mode via PTP - shame really. I guess SONY have their reasons.

Thanks for the assistance - will look at other capture methods!

Phil

Time to create page: 0.392 seconds