INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Please explain how,with DSLR, the save,load default config work

• Thank you received: 74
I am having real problems with the configuration file of my DSLR Indi driver. It seems to have a mind of its own especially altering x,y,um,width,height parameters - this seems to have a knock on effect with the Scheduler in that it knocks Kstars out.

So want do the Save,Load,default options do exactly please and can you have more than one configuration (say I had 2 or more DSLR each diff specifications )

Thanks in advance :-)
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
5 years 6 months ago #29481

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If you have having two different DSLRs, I suggest you create an alias for each and then have each one save configuration in its own file (which is named after the driver name). Go to Tools --> Devices --> Custom Drivers to create them. Next time you start Ekos, you should find them in the CCD section and when you start each, they would be treated as new cameras and you can save the configuration of each without affecting another. Usually this is not a problem unless your two cameras have identical names.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teseo
5 years 6 months ago #29488

Ok thanks for that.

But what is the difference between save ,load and default.

Under normal usage on other software the work flow would be
1. Save - any changes made to the Dslr configuration under Indi Devices are saved and will be loaded next time.
2. Load - load the last saved config
3. Default - load the hard coded settings as held by the Indi Dslr driver.

So if I dont use Default or Load configuration then the settings that appear in Indi Devices should always be the same as the last one "Saved" !

Is that not correct ?
RPI3 Ubuntu 16.04 / AMD desktop Kstars under Ubuntu 16.04 Mounts :azeq6 ,SWAZGoTo

RPI3 Fedora testing out on AMD desktop Fedpra 28 - running kstars 2.9.4 , Indilib 1.7.4 ?????
5 years 6 months ago #29492

That's it correct. Now if you have two identical cameras with identical names then each one will use the same file. This is why I said if there are any configuration difference between them then it is better to create a driver alias (i.e. custom drivers)
5 years 6 months ago #29503

• Thank you received: 14

Great, I did not know this option.
This night have make two alias 500D and 1000D ( gphoto CCD )

The GOOD is:
In this way new Indi Web Manager make 2 different config '1000D_config.xml' '500D_config.xml' where it saves height, width and Pixel, otherwise new Indi WebManager make only one, as gphoto or canon device selected ( 'Canon DSLR_config.xml' 'Gphoto DSLR_config.xml ) for all, and at any change have to modify value.

The BAD is:
For example, in scheduler photo session not start because not found 500D connected ( error is: 'One or more INDI devices failed to connect. Retrying...' )
I have connected only 1000D ( is setted as CCD, 500D as Aux1 )

Is possible use only one device and attach second if is necessary?

Thanks.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Teseo.
5 years 6 months ago #29528

Hi sorry for not replying had a disaster with kstars field trial - nothing but blank screens and the odd capture restart.

I understand the need a custom driver when using 2 dslr however this does not explain why the settings loaded by Indi change from session to session when I have NOT changed anything and NOT done a save config. Its seems to be around the image info which corrupts the X,Y,UM etc settings and you cannot using SET to change and "Clear DSLR" (which I assume should ask for image X,Y and sensor details again. As I say it does not happen everytime and I cannot see anything else (disc problem etc) thats causing that.
Example last night was a failure but reconnected the same kit/camera in house and bingo I can take images (even up to 40secs) of a in door image - I am investigating if its a power problem (Field trial uses 12v 100amp Hr battery and Dc-Dc) so for now thanks but I am going back to the drawing board and do something else - Star gazing :-)

5 years 6 months ago #29531

Time to create page: 0.735 seconds