INDI Library v1.8.1 Released (09 Sep 2019)

Monthly maintenance release INDI v1.8.1

QHYSDK 4.0.1

11 months 5 days ago
rutledgechris
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
QHYSDK 4.0.1 #32374

Herrhausen wrote: I tested the QHY5M with the new SDK and had two issues:

- Activating live video does open a window but nothing can be seen in it. The Live Video icon turns green as it should be the case. After closing the live video (the icon turns red) the QHY5M is "blocked" and no pictures can be taken. Trying to do so results in "QHY CCD QHY5-M- : "[ERROR] GetQHYCCDSingleFrame error (-1)"
A logfile is attached.

- Taking a 3s picture takes 6s plus data transfer. Taking a 5s picture takes 10s plus data transfer and so on. I believe a first attempt fails and a second attempt is successful, that's why it takes 2x the exposure time to take the picture.

Hello Herrhausen,

If you could please, post your QHY CCD QHY5-M-_config.xml and the dmesg log from host 192.168.2.40. I'll try to see if I can reproduce these issues over the next few days.

-Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 months 5 days ago 11 months 5 days ago by Herrhausen.
Herrhausen
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
QHYSDK 4.0.1 #32378
Hi Chris, many thanks for looking into it!

This is the config.xml. I have to re-produce the dmesg output. Is there anything you're looking for in particular?
Attachments:

11 months 5 days ago
Herrhausen
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
QHYSDK 4.0.1 #32379
Here is the dmesg output:

[ 1158.670687] usb 1-6: new high-speed USB device number 5 using ehci-pci
[ 1158.827130] usb 1-6: New USB device found, idVendor=1781, idProduct=0c7c
[ 1158.827137] usb 1-6: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=0
[ 1158.855543] usb 1-6: USB disconnect, device number 5
[ 1160.634990] usb 1-6: new high-speed USB device number 6 using ehci-pci
[ 1160.791399] usb 1-6: config 1 interface 0 altsetting 0 bulk endpoint 0x1 has invalid maxpacket 64
[ 1160.791767] usb 1-6: New USB device found, idVendor=16c0, idProduct=296d
[ 1160.791772] usb 1-6: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[ 1160.791776] usb 1-6: Product: QHY5-CMOS
[ 1160.791780] usb 1-6: Manufacturer: QHY_CAMS

11 months 5 days ago
rutledgechris
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
QHYSDK 4.0.1 #32381

Herrhausen wrote: Hi Chris, many thanks for looking into it!

This is the config.xml. I have to re-produce the dmesg output. Is there anything you're looking for in particular?

Just want to compare it against mine and try with both.

-Chris

10 months 2 weeks ago
papaf76
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
QHYSDK 4.0.1 #33024
Before I borrow my friend's QHY8, I'd like to know if any changes have been made to this camera driver at all. We tried a few months back, but we had several difficulties, with the firmware first, which wouldn't work with the camera at all and had to download a different one, and we were then unable to stop a capture without locking the camera up.
If anyone thinks it would be a good thing to try, I can get the camera and make a few tests.
Thanks for any info!

10 months 2 weeks ago
fmozza
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
QHYSDK 4.0.1 #33027

papaf76 wrote: Before I borrow my friend's QHY8, I'd like to know if any changes have been made to this camera driver at all. We tried a few months back, but we had several difficulties, with the firmware first, which wouldn't work with the camera at all and had to download a different one, and we were then unable to stop a capture without locking the camera up.
If anyone thinks it would be a good thing to try, I can get the camera and make a few tests.
Thanks for any info!

I noticed that version 4.0.11 of the QHY driver was released. I can't find any documentation indicating what was changed, but my old QHY8 now works for captures greater than 86.4 seconds. Note I used different firmware than what comes with the driver - I attached a version to a message earlier in this thread.

You'll have to copy it over the default firmware that is installed with the driver. Attach the camera to your computer. The device should be listed as 1618:6001 when you run lsusb.

Start indiserver, kstars with the appropriate configuration and you should be able to use the camera.

Regards,

jmh

10 months 2 weeks ago
wvreeven
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
QHYSDK 4.0.1 #33028
Where did you download it from?

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R

10 months 2 weeks ago
papaf76
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
QHYSDK 4.0.1 #33029
The attachment is missing from that message. Can you repost that firmware please?

10 months 2 weeks ago
fmozza
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
QHYSDK 4.0.1 #33032

papaf76 wrote: The attachment is missing from that message. Can you repost that firmware please?

Firmware attached. You need to copy it to QHY8.HEX in the firmware directory - this forum only allows files with specific extensions. I originally downloaded this from the old QHY forums.

Regards,

jmh

File Attachment:

File Name: v2QHY8_2018-12-27.txt
File Size:15 KB
Attachments:

10 months 1 week ago
HoHr
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
QHYSDK 4.0.1 #33248
on Odroid XU4 runing ubuntu mate and updated now still QHY9s shows similar cooling behavior as described earlier.
SDK 4.0.1, not sure how to force installation of the very latest 4.0.11 mentioned above (maybe not available for ARM yet?).

10 months 1 week ago
papaf76
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
QHYSDK 4.0.1 #33251
You need to use the nightly builds, there are instructions on how to enable them in the Ubuntu format page.
The following user(s) said Thank You HoHr

10 months 1 week ago
HoHr
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
QHYSDK 4.0.1 #33254
Thanks but didn't help.
Maybe there is a tiny improvement - after connecting camera the temperature is updated in regular intervals while power is stable on 34% or so, but temperature oscillates around room temp (=no cooling). when I set new target temperature (or just entering "0") temperature is not read anymore and cooling power goes up through the roof resulting in rapid temp drop. driver is now SDK 4.0.11.

Time to create page: 1.305 seconds