INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

autoguiding with a LodeStar

• Thank you received: 3
I have a poblem to guiding my EQ5 mount through my LodeStar.

I capture an image and select a star, but when I start calibration, I have an error message telling me that the telescope is not configured in the INDI Contorl Panel.
I don't know how to do that. The Lodestar is connected to the EQ5 through the ST4 cable supplied with.

I have the last version of Kstars, and I have compiled INDI in the last version also.
Everything works perfectly except the guiding.
9 years 7 months ago #1751

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Most likely you didn't set the telescope aperture and focal length. Go to the Options tab under your telescope driver in the INDI Control Panel, and set the focal length and aperture there. Set the "Guide" aperture and focal length to the same values as well unless you are using a separate guide scope.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ADAM
9 years 7 months ago #1752

Replied by ADAM on topic autoguiding with a LodeStar

Thank you for the reply, but actually I do not know how to connect the telescope.
In fact, the telescope is not connected via USB but through the camera ...
How the driver indi_eqmod_telescope can he communicate through the camera ?
9 years 7 months ago #1753

No, to use EQMod driver, your EQ5 needs to be connected via EQDirect USB and connected in Ekos. Now if for whatever reason you cannot or do not want to connect EQ5 to Ekos, there is a workaround/hack to only use guiding. When you start Ekos, set the telescope to "Telescope Simulator", Guider to "SX CCD", and then connect. In the telescope simulator, set your EQ5 focal length and aperture and Ekos will use those values. Just make sure in the Guiding tab, you set "Via" to Lodestar so that guiding commands are sent to the Lodestar and not the simulator. Beware that using this you won't be able to use Alignment module since you are not connected to your actual mount, but guiding should work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ADAM
9 years 7 months ago #1754

In fact not having cable EQDirect I thought use the LodeStar with cable ST4 to make corrections tracking.
I'll try your solution to go through the simulator.
Many thanks.
9 years 7 months ago #1755

It works perfectly :cheer:
Again thank you very much
9 years 7 months ago #1768

Time to create page: 0.764 seconds