INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Nikon d3400

• Thank you received: 0

Nikon d3400 was created by Emanuele

Goodmorning everyone!
I would like to know if the nikon d3400 works with ekos and, if it works, what does it need?

Emanuele
5 years 5 months ago #31641

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 39

Replied by james_lan on topic Nikon d3400

I don't have one, but per this it should be supported by gphoto2, which INDI uses to access most (all?) DSLRs it can: gphoto.org/proj/libgphoto2/support.php

I have a D5100 and D5300 and both work fine with the same list of supported items.

You will need a USB cable to connect to it. Other than that batteries, and (preferably) an SD card to store data on. (Capture to RAM recently began working for my D5300, I haven't tested with the D5100 yet.)
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by james_lan.
5 years 3 months ago #33486

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by Paul Nixon on topic Nikon d3400

James - when you say you haven't tested with the D5100 yet, are you referring to capture to RAM specifically or the camera in general? And are you using a serial USB relay for bulb mode >30s? If so, how do you have it configured?

I also have the D5300 and know it requires just the USB cable, but after reading just now a thread on the KTronic USB relay not quite working (as of late last month), I'm really hoping you have a solution. Thanks!
4 years 4 months ago #46067

• Thank you received: 182

Replied by Jose Corazon on topic Nikon d3400

I have the Nikon D3300 and that works just fine with Ekos. You just need the USB cable to connect it and you should be good to go.
4 years 4 months ago #46105

Time to create page: 1.329 seconds