INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New INDI Atik driver - Feedback requested

• Thank you received: 14
I of course understand these differences... and fully understand your points (& in general agree)... Although not a C++ programmer, I managed to write a focuser driver and decided to pass it onto here as a contribution.

But surely some of the issues and/or difficulties being experienced now might have been avoided if a collaboration was attempted at the start?

I am curious - Did anyone contact Peter?

(apologies for going off topic)
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Phil Shepherd.
5 years 4 months ago #32564

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 168
As far as I know Jasem did talk with Peter multiple times about this but there was some IPR issue with the camera SDK used. But this is just my recollection from discussions with Jasem, so it would be better if either of them commented directly.

As far as these current difficulties are concerned, at least the ones I fixed (temperature reading while downloading image and abort flushing) had more to do with the Atik SDK which the old driver doesn't use so while it would have obviously been good to have more collaboration, it might not have made much difference. All in all I was actually very pleasantly surprised how well the driver worked already in its initial version and have been using it ever since, but it could also just be that working as a programmer I'm probably more pessimistic about software in general than usual :)
5 years 4 months ago #32566

Fair do's... should't really comment on other people's conversations..

Have Atik come back regarding their SDK? I do know one of the guys from there if you need me to give them a kick?

Phil
5 years 4 months ago #32567

Yes, I got reply back from their support and a new version of the SDK that fixed the abort issue, with some additional fixing on the INDI driver side, both are in git now.
5 years 4 months ago #32568

5 years 4 months ago #32569

• Thank you received: 223
So I have installed this new driver (removed the other one).

root@heidenrod-obs:~# dpkg -l | grep indi-atik
ii indi-atik 2.0~201811230011~ubuntu18.04.1 armhf INDI Driver for Atik cameras and filter wheels.
ii indi-atik-dbg 2.0~201811230011~ubuntu18.04.1 armhf INDI Driver for Atik cameras and filter wheels.
root@heidenrod-obs:~#

one thing that I'm missing is the atik-test tool. Is it there somewhere or has it been removed/not implemented?
5 years 4 months ago #32641

It was only part of the older binary driver as testing tool for the older SDK. It doesn't work with the new Atik SDK, nor do we have source for it so it's not included.
5 years 4 months ago #32657

It worked for 5 min or less, then I am unable to take any pictures out of my 314 now.
All I get is the following:

As I was doing a polar alignment, fighting the clouds, I have not taken any logs what-so-ever.
5 years 4 months ago #32682
Attachments:

Weird, unfortunately I don't have that camera, only 383L and I run on x64 so would need logs to say anything useful... One thing to check is to make sure the driver reports API version 110, which is the current SDK, then it should be up to date otherwise too.
5 years 4 months ago #32692

• Thank you received: 104
I use a 314 without problem with the last version of the driver.
But if you use indi-atik 2.0~201811230011~ubuntu18.04.1 armhf this not include the API 110 added on December 12, and not the mutex added on November 26.

I remark now the last build on the nightly ppa have failed , probably libatik was not build before the drivers:
[ 25%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/indi_atik_ccd.dir/atik_ccd.cpp.o
/usr/bin/g++    -I"/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/obj-arm-linux-gnueabihf" -I"/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/indi-atik" -I/usr/include/libindi -I/usr/include/libatik  -g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -std=c++11 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector-all -fPIE -O1 -Wa,--noexecstack  -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -g   -o CMakeFiles/indi_atik_ccd.dir/atik_ccd.cpp.o -c "/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/indi-atik/atik_ccd.cpp"
/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/indi-atik/atik_ccd.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void ATIKCCD::debugTriggered(bool)’:
/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/indi-atik/atik_ccd.cpp:1240:75: error: ‘ArtemisSetDebugCallbackContext’ was not declared in this scope
         ArtemisSetDebugCallbackContext(this, &ATIKCCD::debugCallbackHelper);
                                                                           ^
/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/indi-atik/atik_ccd.cpp:1242:56: error: ‘ArtemisSetDebugCallbackContext’ was not declared in this scope
         ArtemisSetDebugCallbackContext(nullptr, nullptr);
                                                        ^
CMakeFiles/indi_atik_ccd.dir/build.make:65: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/indi_atik_ccd.dir/atik_ccd.cpp.o' failed
5 years 4 months ago #32694

• Thank you received: 104
Sorry, this log is for Xenial, need to be checked too.
For Bionic the last build is from December 4 and not updated since.

Maybe you need to build this driver from source to continue testing.
5 years 4 months ago #32695

This is what I have installed.

root@heidenrod-obs:~# dpkg -l | grep indi-atik
ii indi-atik 2.0~201811230011~ubuntu18.04.1 armhf INDI Driver for Atik cameras and filter wheels.
ii indi-atik-dbg 2.0~201811230011~ubuntu18.04.1 armhf INDI Driver for Atik cameras and filter wheels.
root@heidenrod-obs:~#
5 years 4 months ago #32696

Time to create page: 1.502 seconds