INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Orion Starshoot G3 Color + WINDI + Stellarmate

• Thank you received: 0
Hi

So I have got my Stellarmate all setup ok on my Raspberry PI. I have also setup a WINDI server on my laptop with the Orion Starshoot G3 driver added (.

I can start the remote driver ok on my laptop's EKOS in Kstars which points to my stellarmate and to the WINDI server.

My question is where should the Orion Starshoot G3 USB be plugged into - The Raspberry PI running Stellarmate or the Windows Laptop running the WINDI Server.

I can see the driver in EKOS but cannot assign it to a CCD for capturing... Any ideas?

Kind regards

Andy Tyrer
5 years 3 months ago #33281

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

You should plug it into StellarMate. I believe the Orion SSAG driver is for the older first generation camera. Not sure about Orion G3, I don't think this is support by the SSAG driver. Is Orion G3 rebranded QHY or something else?

What do you mean you cannot assign to a CCD? What version of KStars are you on?
5 years 3 months ago #33282

• Thank you received: 140

Why do you need Windi, why not just use Kstars / Ekos version for Windows ....or am I missing something as I don’t see the advantage..
5 years 3 months ago #33283

• Thank you received: 0
Is use Windi to wrap the g3's ascom driver. I am on the latest version of kstars... I am looking to go wireless and not have a USB to the laptop hopefully at all. The Orion 3g is the last step.
5 years 3 months ago #33290

Time to create page: 0.631 seconds