INDI Library v1.7.9 Released (23 Jun 2019)

INDI Library v1.7.9 is mostly a maintenance release to fix a few bugs in several drivers.

In Ekos the Gphoto cameras that are supported are not available to select.

• Thank you received: 0

In Ekos the Gphoto cameras that are supported are not available to select. was created by apsphoto

Hi

I am thinking of getting a Stellar Mate. I would like to control my mirrorless camera, which is supported by the gphoto library. I have a timelapse device that controls the camera and exposure quite well, full control of my cameras is in the library and has been for over a year. However in Ekos when I select the equipment file in windows with the latest version. I see Canon, Nikon etc. But my Fuji X-T2 is not listed and no Fuji camera is listed even though it is supported in the gphoto library and has been. What can be done to remedy that? I am a newbie to Ekos but not to using my equipment.

Thanks for any help or suggestions,
Alan
6 months 1 week ago #33307

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by knro on topic In Ekos the Gphoto cameras that are supported are not available to select.

Ok support to Fuji DSLR is added. It should be in the next nightly.
Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info
The following user(s) said Thank You: apsphoto
6 months 1 week ago #33348

Replied by apsphoto on topic In Ekos the Gphoto cameras that are supported are not available to select.

Thank you very much that is much appreciated. In the raspberry pi world I know how to get the updates, but until I get the Stellar Mate, I am using Windows and very new to the Ekos world. So my newbie question is how do I update the Indi library on Windows?

Thanks,
Alan
6 months 1 week ago #33391

• Thank you received: 516

Replied by rlancaste on topic In Ekos the Gphoto cameras that are supported are not available to select.

The "Canon DSLR," "Nikon DSLR," etc are really all just links to the GPhoto Driver. If you just select the GPhoto driver, you should be good to go. It's nice to have it say "Fuji DSLR" but it really isn't necessary for imaging.
6 months 1 week ago #33394

Replied by knro on topic In Ekos the Gphoto cameras that are supported are not available to select.

apsphoto wrote: Thank you very much that is much appreciated. In the raspberry pi world I know how to get the updates, but until I get the Stellar Mate, I am using Windows and very new to the Ekos world. So my newbie question is how do I update the Indi library on Windows?

Thanks,
Alan

Hi Alan,

I plan on releasing the next update of INDI in a few days. If you want to get it soon, you can follow the instructions here: indilib.org/download/ubuntu.html

I think I will also add a switch in StellarMate to switch between the two, or create snaps, we'll see.
Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info
6 months 1 week ago #33399

Replied by Lumix.guy on topic In Ekos the Gphoto cameras that are supported are not available to select.

I'm using a Panasonic Lumix G9 and I'm wondering if Gphoto can support it.

Thank you,

John
6 months 6 days ago #33580

• Thank you received: 516

Replied by rlancaste on topic In Ekos the Gphoto cameras that are supported are not available to select.

This list should be up to date I think. gphoto.org/proj/libgphoto2/support.php
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lumix.guy
6 months 6 days ago #33583

Replied by Lumix.guy on topic In Ekos the Gphoto cameras that are supported are not available to select.

Thanks for that link. Sadly, none of the recent Panasonic M43 models are listed and especially not the G9 which I know supports tethered mode.

John
6 months 6 days ago #33584

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds