INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Error when using SX SXVR-H18

• Thank you received: 174
Hmmm, this is not good, I rolled back the change in the driver and I have to find some other solution :-( Peter
9 years 5 months ago #2016

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3
It seems to me that it is sxSetCooler that gives the error when exposing/downloading. Maybe reading the ccd temperature can be disabled when downloading an image from the camera?

/Daniel
9 years 5 months ago #2018

• Thank you received: 46

Replied by Markku on topic Error when using SX SXVR-H18

Hi guys..

When I saw the pic it reminded me of a moon-mosaic I took for some time ago,
This piece of my pic shows a black line even if all the pics is overlapping and I think should not have a line becuse its not like that between all the pics, I would guess that when reading from the camera (mine is SXVR-H9) sometimes a horizontal line is missing for some reason, maybe a bug in cam firmware?? but is just a guess.. hopefully helpful anyway.

Br
/Markku
9 years 5 months ago #2021
Attachments:

This seems to be a good idea, I'll check it. Thank you, Peter
9 years 5 months ago #2026

Unfortunately this is not the case. Temperature checking is blocked between latch and end of image download. The critical time is between these two operations:
2014-10-03T17:53:18: Driver indi_sx_ccd: sxLatchPixels: libusb_control_transfer -> OK
2014-10-03T17:53:18: Driver indi_sx_ccd: sxReadPixels: libusb_control_transfer -> LIBUSB_ERROR_IO
9 years 5 months ago #2027

Ok, any ideas what could cause the error?

/Daniel
9 years 5 months ago #2030

Sorry, not yet :( Peter
9 years 5 months ago #2031

Ok. If I understood correctly you have an H18 yourself to test with? Otherwise let me know if you want me to test or try something.

/Daniel
9 years 5 months ago #2032

No thank you, I have one. Peter
9 years 5 months ago #2033

Hello Peter (and others)

I have some news regarding this issue. I've recently purchased a new raspberry model B+ and I wanted to see if I still got the same error on this device.
I'm happy to say that after installing the latest indi (0.9.9) and connecting the camera I was successful in capturing an image. No timeout and no readout errors on the image. I don't know what's different that causes the error on the regular model B though, but this might be a clue to figure it out?

I have another question as well. Would it be possible to keep the shutter closed when selecting dark as image type? Now when I select dark and take a preview, the shutter is still opened.
Edit: This goes for bias as well I guess.

/Daniel
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Daniel Franzén.
9 years 4 months ago #2111

Hello Daniel,

thank you for good news. I suppose that model B+ has simply faster USB but I'm not sure.

As for dark images with closed shutter - it is not implemented in this driver. I don't remember if it is possible, but it definitely doesn't make a sense. This camera (and any other SX camera with alignment screws) needs to be in completely dark space to make a dark frames. Light is always leaking from somewhere :-(

Peter
9 years 4 months ago #2112

Hi Peter.

Wouldn't any light leakage (when taking darks/bias) from the alignment screws enter the camera body in front of the shutter? In that case wouldn't it be good to have the shutter closed?

Would it be possible to add a feature to the options menu to manually tell the camera to keep the shutter closed even when exposing? The shutter options today just opens and closes the shutter directly and doesn't have anything to do with exposure right? Or even better an option to choose if you want the shutter closed on dark/bias like I suggested before.

/Daniel
9 years 4 months ago #2113

Time to create page: 0.450 seconds