INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Error when using SX SXVR-H18

• Thank you received: 174
Hi Daniel,

light is not leaking from the front side. I suspect the gap between camera body and this alignment element with screws. I'm not sure, if it is possible to take shoot with closed shutter but I'll try it this weekend.

Peter
9 years 4 months ago #2118

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3
Ok Peter, thank you very much. I appreciate it.

/Daniel
9 years 4 months ago #2119

Hi Daniel

so it is possible with long (computer timed) exposures and I added it to the driver. It will keep shutter closed for dark frames. Nevertheless it doesn't make sense anyway, light is leaking so much. Look at just 5s dark frame with closed shutter :-(

Peter

9 years 4 months ago #2121

Hi Peter.
Thank you for implementing that option into the driver.

Wow, your dark really show some leakage. Mine is nothing like that. Is that with the end cap on the camera?

I tested my camera with three different scenarios (In nebulosity3 on my mac). All exposures are one minute, and then autostreched in PixInsight.
1. No end cap on camera, and shutter closed. (In a fully lit room, would most likely have completely saturated the chip with shutter open)

2. Cap on the camera, but with shutter opened.

3. Cap on the camera and shutter closed.

As you can see, when the shutter is closed in image 1, you can see a slight light leak, but this is in a lit room.

2 and 3 are almost identical, which would indicate that the camera body does not leak any light through the alignment screws.

/Daniel
9 years 4 months ago #2123
Attachments:

Hi Daniel, your images are really much better, I took the dark frame with closed shutter but without the cap.

OK, so try change in the driver and let us know if it does work for you.

Peter
9 years 4 months ago #2124

Hi Peter.
When I build the driver I still get the error I got previously on indi_sx_wheel, but I guess that's no problem in this case since it's the ccd driver we want to build.

However when I run the "home built driver" I get the same time out error as before and cannot download any images. Strange...

If I revert to the old driver (I reinstalled the latest deb-packages) it works again. But of course I cannot test your change to the driver.
I also have to pull out the usb cord to the camera and insert it again to make it work.
Could it have something do to with any dependencies that are different on my RPi compared to the pre-built packages?

Also on a side note, when using the driver that works for me, if I enable debug mode I get horizontal lines on the images. Turn off debug mode and the lines disappear.

And finally, don't know if this is supposed to behave like this but when I start the driver it says:
2014-11-09T20:56:08: Driver indi_sx_ccd: sending <getProperties version='1.7'/>

But when looking in the options tab in Ekos when starting indi, the driver says it's version 1.6.

/Daniel
9 years 4 months ago #2125

Hi Daniel, it seems that compilation problem is a bug of particular version of ld, look at this: github.com/Bumblebee-Project/Bumblebee/issues/76

Version attribute in getProperties is requested version of INDI protocol, correct current value is 1.7, but it makes no difference.

Peter
9 years 4 months ago #2126

Hi Peter. I will try the solution in the link and see if it builds.

Do you have any idea why it seems that running the driver from pre-built packages works, but building the driver myself leads to usb timeout?

/Daniel
9 years 4 months ago #2127

Hi David, I have no idea but maybe the same reason, wrong library is linked to the driver. Peter
9 years 4 months ago #2128

Hello again.
I added -lrt to CXX_FLAGS in CMakeLists.txt and now i didn't get an error when building.
Unfortunately it did not help with the error, I still get libusb_error_timeout when using the driver built on the RPi. :(

/Daniel
9 years 4 months ago #2131

Some piece is still missing... I'll try to make a binary package for you on my PI but probably tomorrow evening only, I'm out now. Peter
9 years 4 months ago #2132

Ok Peter, thank you very much.

/Daniel
9 years 4 months ago #2133

Time to create page: 0.318 seconds