INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kstar crashes when capturing short exposures with QHY163C

• Thank you received: 28
Hi all, I am using an Asus Tinker board with Ubuntu mate 16.04LTS with Kstars 3.1.0 and i am having an issue capturing very short exposures (biases at 0.3sec) with my QHY163C. I have no issues capturing light/darks, only very short exposures. Everything freezes and Kstars crashes.

This only happens on the Asus Tinker board. When I run Kstars and the QHY163C on my Ubuntu 18.04 laptop , no issues at all.

I have attached my log file.

One other minor suggestion, when Ekos starts, the user needs to manually tell Ekos that the camera is a colour camera and there is no filter wheel attached. Is there any way to set this in the indi control panel?

Thanks in advance and keep up the excellent work.
5 years 2 months ago #33859
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

OK for what its worth, i solved the issue. It seems to be always power related. I bought a good quality powered UBS3.0 hub and this seems to have fixed all my disconnections issues. Now i connect everything; imaging CCD, guider, eqdirect to the mount and GPS dongle to the hub and power everything from there. Everything gets the power it needs.

Just remember, computers with USB2.0 (like my tinker board) will only supply 0.5Amps max current, USB3.0 0.9Amps max. So if you are running USB3.0 devices on USB2.0, then you may have issues, just like I did.
5 years 1 week ago #36785

• Thank you received: 420
Just out of interest, which hub did you buy? I might get one of those myself as well...
5 years 1 week ago #36791

5 years 1 week ago #36793

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds