INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ekos restarts when trying to loop v4l2 webcam

• Thank you received: 3
Hello all,

first post here. I have gone through the install of astroberry on mu pi3b+. i have it hoooked up to an HEQ5; Canon 6dmII and a logitech webcam for guiding. all of the above via a powered usb hub.
i have no issue on Gphoto for canon (although i had to install the v 5.20 to get the canon 6dm2 recognized) an no problem on solving and mount control. However i have the hardest time with the logitech 905 webcam:
1) i always get it to connect on the first attempt but I have to fiddle with the various gain/expo/contrast etc to get an image via the loop on guiding where there are white stars on a dark background. in fact i never managed to get it that way
2) often while streamin there is an error. I have to stop and start the stream but then i cannot change any of the settings (in the image control tab) as i get repeat errors.
3) it randomly happens that Ekos/kstars at some point with gives up altogether and i have to restart it although when going back to the Kstars control panel and "start" it tells me that there is an instance of indi already running
i had the same behavior on a pi2b+ and thought it was an issue with resources.

I have 2 log files (debug on v42l) attached I hope this will help shed light on the issue

File Attachment:

File Name: log_19-39-...28-2.txt
File Size:178 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: log_19-16-...28-2.txt
File Size:130 KB
5 years 2 months ago #34234
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.329 seconds