INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Moravian G2 8300 color - Live view?

• Thank you received: 19
Hey there again.

I have problems focusing with my Moravian G2. The main thing is, it has no Liveview. Now, i asked me if thats a camera-related thing or has it something to do with KStars?
Because a friedn of mine has a G3 and HE HAS liveview supported.

So should liveview work with my G2 and it´s a bug, or does it just not work?

cheers
Niki
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
5 years 1 month ago #34678

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 165
The KAF-8300 sensor isn't really suited for live view as it requires a mechanical shutter and also read-out time is quite long. My Atik383L+ has the same sensors and can't do it either.
5 years 1 month ago #34681

• Thank you received: 19
So how do you focus then? Can you explain?
It´s just maybe i am thinking around too much corners i believe...

cheers
Niki
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
5 years 1 month ago #34683

• Thank you received: 165
My setup is remote and fully automated so I just use the auto focus routine in Ekos.
5 years 1 month ago #34688

• Thank you received: 87
I have the G2 Mono version. No need for the live view. I just use a 2 second exposure binned 4x4 on the focus module.
At 4x4, it's very fast downloading the picture. And it works fine, never had problems.
5 years 1 month ago #34759

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds