INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Moravian G2 8300 color - disconnecting issue

• Thank you received: 19
Hey guys!

Since i managed to get the OAG-Backfocus problem with my ASI 120 fixed, i now can concentrate on my next issue.

My Moravian G2 8300 color keeps disconnecting absolute randomly.

After trying around a bit, i can not reproduce what the problem is.

The errormessage though is always the same.

"voltage readout error" and
"usb readout error"

i had a look at the logfile, but there is nothing special to see, except the errors above.

I will try different cables now to except this as problem.

Maybe someone has an idea, or a similar problem...

This happens on Linux with direct connection with the latest nightly was well, as on the mac version 3.1.1

cheers, Niki
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
5 years 2 months ago #34962

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

So today i had time to make a short Cable-test.

Because my Moravian G2 was shipped with a 3m USB-Cable, i always used this cabel from the start and never changed.
This disconnection issue occurred from time to time, from the beginning on.
Now some weeks ago, i bought a additional USB-Hub, thats mounted on my telescope, so i only have to connect one USB-Cable to my laptop.
From that on, this problem occurred more often.

So it was likely to test for this as a problem.

Today i changed the short cable of my ZWO ASI 120 with the one from my G2, and i suddenly noticed a MUCH FASTER DOWNLOADTIME at first, and a stable loop capturing in the focusing module. What i also noticed was that from that moment on, my ASI stopped working...

So it seems clear that i have a problem with cable length.
New short cables are ordered allready.

So i have one more question: What i noticed too was, from that moment on, that one of my USB-connected devices had an error, the other USB devices got trouble too. Can this be?

I remeber some of you guys somtimes talking bout problems with USB-Port Asignment in LINUX, and how to fix them.

Maybe you could tell me bout that one more time?

cheers
Niki
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
5 years 2 months ago #34978

Just wanted to end this with my latest informations.

I changed all camera cablesnto short ones with 0,5m

Since that i had no more crashes...

Cheers
Niki

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
5 years 1 month ago #36097

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds