INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

SX Lodestar Crashes while connecting

• Thank you received: 0
Hello,

i´ve setup my Equipment (Tak Temma, Canon DSLR and SXCCD) with Lodestar as Guide Camera. But if i try to connect i always get a message saying: Indi Driver indi_sx_ccd crashed, please check indi server protocol.

Any Suggestions?

CS Frank
5 years 1 month ago #35827

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
I have the same problem. Is there a solution?
4 years 11 months ago #39216

• Thank you received: 370
I just compiled the recent version 1.7.8 and everything works fine for me. My current setup is Debian 9 running inside a VM on my Macbook. May you give more specific informations about your setup.
4 years 11 months ago #39252

I suspect it's just a build issue with launchpad, will rebuild.
4 years 11 months ago #39253

• Thank you received: 2
Hello Jasem and Sterne-Jaeger,
thank you! I found the following post in the forum:

indilib.org/forum/search.html?query=/etc...ault/t&childforums=1

The solution described there worked for me to connect to the lodestar guider cam, but it made pop up another issue, I thought I had already solved:

As soon as I connect to my ASI 294mc via USB3, the WiFi-HotSpot of my Intel ComputeStick (Ubuntu Mate 16.04) crashes. That is a problem because I control kstars / indi remotely with Teamviewer, using the HotSpot wifi-connection.

Before I made the changes in the /etc/default/tlp according to the above post, I had solved this issue by forcing the HotSpot to 2.4GHz. Now the problem is back ...
When I connect via USB2, everything works fine now. I am not sure, if I should try to get the ASI-cam work with USB3, since there are statements on the web that state that for this ASI-cam the image quality was affected by the usb-standard. They say the amp-glow in the dark (and light) frames was more pronounced with usb2, which I could confirm in tests. I‘ll have to investigate how far the image quality of actual images is affected / if it is ok with USB2.
4 years 11 months ago #39256

Time to create page: 0.329 seconds